Votes

How to block criminal websites?

2024-04-02 16:38:31
Model: Archer AX3000  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.6 Build 20231130 rel. 36135

Some crooks tried to lure me into putting my creditcard numbers into their website. 

It was very well made copy of the postal services in my country, probably a copy of the code. It coincided with the days when I expected a packet from abroad. I was expecting to pay a small amount to the customs. Such standard payment is usually handled by the postal services.

I followed the tracking all the way from the originating country - into the EU - and further into my own country where it stopped at the postal service.

Precisely at that particular time the crooked tekst arrived to my cellular, saying that my package had stopped and that I neede to pay a very small amount af money to get it through customs.

Somehow the crooks know my phone nummer as well as the time I expected this packet.

I would really like to block the dns adress which is not allowed to show here.

Beware: The adress looks exactly like the sites at our national postal service. However, none of the links work other than the fields for the credit card. 

Options
2 Reply
Re:How to block criminal websites?
2024-04-03 03:37:35

@KentK IG you should use reputable dns services like google's or cloudflare's.

KentK wrote

Some crooks tried to lure me into putting my creditcard numbers into their website. 

It was very well made copy of the postal services in my country, probably a copy of the code. It coincided with the days when I expected a packet from abroad. I was expecting to pay a small amount to the customs. Such standard payment is usually handled by the postal services.

I followed the tracking all the way from the originating country - into the EU - and further into my own country where it stopped at the postal service.

Precisely at that particular time the crooked tekst arrived to my cellular, saying that my package had stopped and that I neede to pay a very small amount af money to get it through customs.

Somehow the crooks know my phone nummer as well as the time I expected this packet.

I would really like to block the dns adress which is not allowed to show here.

Beware: The adress looks exactly like the sites at our national postal service. However, none of the links work other than the fields for the credit card. 

Options
Re:How to block criminal websites?
2024-04-03 06:26:38

@bharatThapa 

Thank you. I will try that.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 102

Replies: 2

Voters 0

No one has voted for it yet.