Deco X50 ip problem

Deco X50 ip problem

Deco X50 ip problem
Deco X50 ip problem
2024-04-02 17:12:43
Model: Deco X50  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: ?

I used the Deco X50 model's dual pack without any issues for 1.5 months. One morning, I woke up to find it couldn't connect to the network. I replaced both the modem and the Decos with brand new ones, but the problem persisted. I don't understand.

I can't establish a connection as follows:

Modem - Ethernet - Deco 1

Modem - Ethernet - Deco 2

When Deco 1 is on, there's no problem at all, but when Deco 2 is turned on, no device receives an IP address.

When Deco 2 is on, there's no problem at all, but when Deco 1 is turned on, no device receives an IP address.

There's no issue with any of the devices, and I haven't found anyone online experiencing the same problem.

Please, can someone help me, as customer service is not responding.

I've reached the point where I'm about to break and throw it away; I'm truly frustrated.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Deco X50 ip problem
2024-04-02 20:19:13 - last edited 2024-04-02 20:23:11

@HFAHFA 

I assume you're using Deco mesh in Access Point mode, as indicated by the AccessPoint tag in your post. 

This network configuration should function in Access Point mode provided the ISP modem/router is compatible with the Deco Ethernet backhaul feature, which relies on the standard IEEE 1905.1 protocol.

You mentioned that this configuration previously worked. If it's no longer functioning, it could be due to a firmware update from the ISP to their modem/router, which may have unintentionally broken the support for the IEEE 1905.1 protocol.

It's possible that your ISP already has a firmware fix. The simplest way to verify is to turn off your modem for 3-5 minutes and then turn it back on. During the power-on process, the modem should automatically search for any new firmware updates from your ISP.

Ensure you perform a hard power off by unplugging the modem. A soft power off, like a restart, may not prompt the modem to check for firmware updates.

If after that your network setup still does not work, consider your modem as (currently) not supporting Deco Ethernet backhaul protocol.

Options
2024-04-02 21:55:56

@Alexandre. 

Thank you, I will use it in the following configuration until the modem's next firmware update:

Modem -> Ethernet -> Deco 1 -> Ethernet -> Deco 2

This has fixed the situation for now.

Options
3 weeks ago

Yes, the problem was stemming from the modem. TP-LINK LS1005G switch solved the issue.

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 170

Replies: 3

Related Articles