Newbie Question

Newbie Question

Newbie Question
Newbie Question
2024-04-02 17:19:52
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 3.7.14

Question #1, when I check the speek of my network in the Deco App it never shows the same speed that my speedtest app provides.  I'm curious about why there is a difference.

Question #2, When the mesh network is created are the units on the same subnet that the main router is on.  I've recently introduced a music streaming device and when attempting to connect my ipad with the software to control the unit I'm told that the ipad and streamer are not on the same LAN.  Is there a way to have the router and deco mesh on the same subnet?

Thank you for your assistance.  Please be as clear as possible in your responses, as I do not possess the strongest technical knowledge to navigate the modern systems that are so common place these days.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Newbie Question
2024-04-02 19:28:24

notsosure wrote

Question #2, Is there a way to have the router and deco mesh on the same subnet?

@notsosure 

Yes, there is. You need to configure Deco mesh to run in Access Point mode. Follow this document: Switching a Deco to Access Point (AP) Mode

Options
Re:Newbie Question
2024-04-02 20:59:01

@notsosure 

Thank you for the assistance.  I've made the transition and will test later whether that helps with my streaming issue.  Much appreciated.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 161

Replies: 2

Related Articles