Little bug on Archer c6 v4

2024-04-04 04:14:06
Model: Archer C6  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: Archer C6(EU)_V4_1.13.2 Build 230824

hey

i just bought router archer C6 v4, updated a firmware to the newest and i see in my panel - clients list -something like this on screen, many try to connect with some MAC adresses in order number +1 by mac number on IP 0.0.0.0 , and these "clients" is a lot maybe 40-50 but not connected or something like that, and of course there are couple my real connected computers

its some kind of bug, what can i do with these something :)

i only restarted the router to factory new settings and have these again.

please help

Options
11 Reply
Re:Little bug on Archer c6 v4
2024-04-07 07:35:13

@Despero 

Try a factory reset by holding reset button on the router for about 10s, those offline devices should be removed from the list.

Options
2024-04-09 03:29:12

i did factory reset and didnt help

Options
3 weeks ago

@Despero 

This is probably caused by one of your client devices - it could be IoT device or similar. Can you describe what devices do you have in your local network ?

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
3 weeks ago

its not with my devices, i have only one PC on LAN and one PC on wifi

Options
3 weeks ago
I dont have any IoT devices and Mesh or something like that :) I had before Archer C6 but older version V2, and on it wasnt this bug
Options
3 weeks ago - last edited 3 weeks ago

@Despero 

That's really interesting then.

Let's make an experiment if you will:

Let only the PC that's connected by cable to your C6 powered on (or connect the other by cable too) and disable both router wireless radio bands (2.4 and 5GHz).

Restart the router and observe the clients list to see if these device would appear again.

My guess is that someone tries to connect to your wireless network but doesn't have your wireless password and can't get an IP address from the router DHCP server. 

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
3 weeks ago
no its bug of this router for sure because i talked on this subject/bug with Polish support on info-line telephone and they said me will be fix this in future in new firmware update no, no one want to connect in my network and from outside network (Im sure), just look at screen - these are random MAC adressess and they are changed - every 30s/1minute new this failed connect to IP 0.0.0.0, and mac adresses are simmilar one by one in hexadecimal math :)
Options
3 weeks ago

@Despero 

Alright,

since you've talked about this subject/bug with Polish support on info-line telephone and they confirmed this will be fixed in future FW update, then you just have to wait for it.

Options
3 weeks ago

@terziyski

thanks for interesting my problem

as you can see no one from tp-link support on this forum not interested of my problem, and I a little regret that i bought tp-link machine again because tp-link has the worst support for me, i wrote 2 times on tp-link website form to support for the first time maybe 2 weeks ago and the 2nd time week later and dont have any answers, and on the support telephone line i must wait 20-25 minutes to calling, next time i will buy something from d-link or asus their support is awesome, again thanks terziyski, have a nice day and i will be waiting for this firmware patch but it can be one month or 6 month or even more heh

Options
3 weeks ago

@Despero 

It could be sooner than you think.

I suspect that no one answered your thread, because your issue is quite specific and to be honest I personally didn't find any similar at all.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 328

Replies: 11

Related Articles