Access Point Mode - WiFi LED off.
Access Point Mode - WiFi LED off.
3 weeks ago - last edited 3 weeks ago
Tags: #RE815XE
Model: RE815XE  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.6

Hello

I purchased 3x RE815XE to go with my Archer AXE75 router.

I have hardwired all extenders into my router and have set them all to Access Point mode.

On each extender, on the side, all the lights (eg: power, 2.4G, 5G, 6G) light up, except the Wifi LED.  It remains off on all three units.

I have tried pressing the WPS button on the side and that causes the Wifi LED to start flashing (slowly) and then toward the end flash more rapidly, before stopping flashing entirely.

Does anyone know how to make these access points Wifi accessible?  That was the whole point in buying them and there is scant information in that manual.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Access Point Mode - WiFi LED off.-Solution

@ABaus 

Hi,

It seems the explanations for the LEDs in the user manual apply for range extender mode, but there is no mention what they are in access point mode.

Anyway, I have another model from TP-Link's RE product family and in "Access Point Mode" the 2.4G and 5G LEDs indicate whether each radio is switched ON or OFF (i.e. broadcasting a Wi-Fi signal or not broadcasting a Wi-Fi signal)
The "Wi-Fi" (or "Signal") LED is always off in Access Point Mode.

So, I would say the LED status of your RE815XE's is exactly as it should be.

How have you established that the RE815XE are not sending out signals on any of the three bands?

Have you already changed the SSIDs from their default values TP-Link_Extender, TP-Link_Extender_5GHz and TP-Link_Extender_6GHz? If not, then I would expect them to show up on your Wi-Fi devices with those names.

Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:Access Point Mode - WiFi LED off.-Solution

@ABaus 

Hi,

It seems the explanations for the LEDs in the user manual apply for range extender mode, but there is no mention what they are in access point mode.

Anyway, I have another model from TP-Link's RE product family and in "Access Point Mode" the 2.4G and 5G LEDs indicate whether each radio is switched ON or OFF (i.e. broadcasting a Wi-Fi signal or not broadcasting a Wi-Fi signal)
The "Wi-Fi" (or "Signal") LED is always off in Access Point Mode.

So, I would say the LED status of your RE815XE's is exactly as it should be.

How have you established that the RE815XE are not sending out signals on any of the three bands?

Have you already changed the SSIDs from their default values TP-Link_Extender, TP-Link_Extender_5GHz and TP-Link_Extender_6GHz? If not, then I would expect them to show up on your Wi-Fi devices with those names.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Access Point Mode - WiFi LED off.
3 weeks ago

@woozle thank you for our reply.  I think you are 100% right.

The fact the 2G, 5G and 6G all show suggests the unit is putting out a wifi band.

I was just thrown by the wifi LED being out.

Thank you

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 117

Replies: 2

Tags

RE815XE
Related Articles