Votes

Url blocking

Url blocking
Url blocking
3 weeks ago
Model: Archer AX3000  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 0.4.0 3.0.0 v6060.0 Build 220630 Rel.35348n

Please bring back the options under access control to block websites or just simply add a function to block certain urls. On older TP-Link devices you were able to block websites, urls and domains but this seems needlessly complicated on the newer TP-Link devices.

On my archer AC750:

Options
4 Reply
Re:Url blocking
3 weeks ago

@darksider_w 

Hi, you could try to use parental control to block some websites, refer to this guide to see if it works for you:

How to configure Parental Controls on the Wi-Fi Routers

Options
2 weeks ago

@Sunshine 

I have read up on the parental controls and I have tried using it to block a url with the keywords. This only allows me to block the keyword for LAN devices and none of my WIFI devices show up. I'm interested in blocking a url across my network for any device connected to my network. 

Options
2 weeks ago

@darksider_w 

Please ensure the WiFi devices are also added in the device list of parental control, and also disable private or random MAC address on those client devices.

To prevent wireless clients users from using random MAC addresses to avoid parental control, you could use Access Control whitelist to allow the specific MAC address to connect the router.

Options
2 weeks ago

@Sunshine 

Please provide a solution to block keywords for any device on my network if it is even possible in parental controls. I do not want to block a specific device or even select it. I want to have the same functionality that I had before.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 125

Replies: 4

Voters 0

No one has voted for it yet.