WDS in Archer C6 router to extend wirlessly MR400 4G LTE.

3 weeks ago - last edited Monday
Model: Archer MR400  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: ‪1.2.0 0.9.1 v0001.0 Build 220518 Rel.59424n

Hello,

Can I use WDS in Archer C6 router to extend wirelessly MR400 4G LTE router if I needed?

Thanks

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:WDS in Archer C6 router to extend wirlessly MR400 4G LTE.-Solution

@moshair 

Hi, it should be okay, you could refer to this guide to set up the C6 WDS: How do I use the WDS Bridging function to extend my wireless network? 

Recommended Solution
Options
10 Reply
Re:WDS in Archer C6 router to extend wirlessly MR400 4G LTE.-Solution

@moshair 

Hi, it should be okay, you could refer to this guide to set up the C6 WDS: How do I use the WDS Bridging function to extend my wireless network? 

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:WDS in Archer C6 router to extend wirlessly MR400 4G LTE.
2 weeks ago

@Sunshine 

Thank you, from C6 router emulator I found WDS is only limited to one band. MR400 and C6 routes has One Mesh feature, I wonder if there is benefit of that to use C6 router as wireless extender. I know it looks a silly question, but you know more than me in such things.

Regards,

Options
2 weeks ago

moshair wrote

@Sunshine 

Thank you, from C6 router emulator I found WDS is only limited to one band. MR400 and C6 routes has One Mesh feature, I wonder if there is benefit of that to use C6 router as wireless extender. I know it looks a silly question, but you know more than me in such things.

Regards,

@moshair 

Hi, please note that OneMesh doesn't support router-to-router networking, while EasyMesh does support it. However, MR400 doesn't support EasyMesh.

Therefore, if you still need to use C6 as an extender wirelessly, the WDS is the only option.

Options
2 weeks ago

@Sunshine 

Thank you, that was useful. Can you help me choose the best device for my case? I have a MR400 router and a DVR connected by a LAN cable to TP-Link Wireless Access Point WA801ND with Repeater/Bridge operation mode. The router as router exists in a floor and the DVR in another floor, The Signal strength of MR400 in that AP is 56. The problem I have is slow internet from that access-point, that makes loading streams from cams takes seconds to load. I tried using DLINK853 as access point between the MR400 and the WA801ND access point, that didn't help a lot. Your suggestion to use the WDS in C6 router is good, especially 5G is not very important in 4G LTE router because the internet speed doesn't exceed 60Mps in my internet connection. If I bought the C6 router and replaced the WA801ND with it does, that will make the internet faster for the DVR. What do you think about High Power Wireless routers like TL-WR941HP and Archer C58HP can I use one of them instead WA801ND AP, both of them are available here in the market, but I tried the router emulator when selecting Wi-Fi wireless strength 100% I got message :Transmit Power you set beyond the local criterion. So I might not be able to make the High Power Wireless Repeater works at its maximum power.

Regards,

Options
2 weeks ago - last edited 2 weeks ago

@moshair 

Hi, could you please clarify the network topology again?
You mean the MR400 is using SIM card for 4G internet, DVR is connected to MR400 LAN port via a long Ethernet cable but in different floor, and the TL-WA801ND is connected to MR400 wirelessly and work as repeater mode, am I right? Now you would like to improve the internet speed on the clients connected to TL-WA801ND.

May I know how far is it between WA801ND and MR400? are they in the same floor or not? and what is the current speed for MR400 and WA801ND?

Options
a week ago

@Sunshine 

Thank you for your concern.

This is a simple diagram for my network:

Yes, MR400 is connected to internet using 4G Sim card. The speed from MR400 now is about 50Mbps, the speed from the repeater is 15Mbps.

I tried this:

But that didn't help a lot, the speed increased to 17Mbps. What do you suggest? I don't like using many devices.

Regards,

Options
a week ago

@moshair 

Hi, is it possible to move MR400 to the other side and right below the TL-WA801ND and connect them via Ethernet cable?

Options
a week ago

@Sunshine 

Unfortunately, it is not possible because there is a wall preventing this, as the router is in the basement floor where I put the computer I am working on. I can pass an Ethernet cable through the electricity pipes, and the length of the cable will be approximately 20 meters, but it requires time and effort, and I am not sure if that will solve the problem. It is possible that one day I will connect the cable between the two devices externally and see the result.

If I used a wireless repeater like Archer C6 with WDS feature or using High Power Wireless routers like TL-WR941HP with repeater mode between the two devices in the middle, wouldn't it solve the problem also I need internet in the upper floor where my mother and father live?

If I replaced current access point TP-Link Wireless Access Point WA801ND with High Power Wireless routers like TL-WR941HP will it make a big improvement?

Can I choose Wi-Fi wireless strength 100% for the router TL-WR941HP even though I got message :Transmit Power you set beyond the local criterion ?

Regards,

Options
a week ago

@moshair 

Hi, adding a repeater in between or changing the current WA801ND to be a better one might have some improvement but we are unable to guarantee a big improvement.

If the two floors elestrical system are under the same circuit, you could consider using powerline adapters to connect the MR400 and WA801ND, the topology would be like this:

MR400---ethernet cable---powerline adapter 1 -----electrical wires----powerline adapter 2---ethernet cable---TL-WA801ND.

The powerline adapters could communicate with each other via existing electrical wires in the house, no need to change any wires, just plug them into wall sockets.

How to choose a TP-Link Powerline product

Options
Saturday

@Sunshine 

Thank you, I found these products:

TP-Link TL-WPA4220KIT AV600 Powerline Extender Kit 64$

TP-Link TL-WPA7517KIT AV1000 Powerline Wi-Fi Extender Dual Band Wi-Fi, OneMesh Gigabit Port 85$

I will search about this technology and learn how it works. Is there benefits from buying the second one that has OneMesh feature like MR400?

I have another issue regarding connecting the DVR using Wi-Fi dongle with the MR400 or even the TL-WA801ND extender, can I post it here or start a new topic?

Regards,

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 226

Replies: 10

Related Articles