Archer AX73 Guest Network no Internet

2024-04-10 22:58:36
Model: Archer AX73  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.3.5

Hey guys, after a long time I enabled the guest network again and after changing multiple WiFi settings back and forth to test their impact, my guest network is now unable to connect to the Internet. 

I've set everything back to the settings before from before. 

The router got rebooted multiple times now. 

I tested multiple phones, same issue. 

My phones are all restarted now too. 

Last attempt was to remove the WiFi profile from them and re-enter it again. 

Oddly enough, the regular network works consistently from the beginning. 

Any suggestions what and how to troubleshoot this issue? 

Options
6 Reply
Re:Archer AX73 Guest Network no Internet
2024-04-11 02:36:57 - last edited 2024-04-11 02:37:18

@Sten87 

When you enabled the guest network initially did it work as expected (before make any changes) ?

If that so, then you probably messed up some settings but one only could guess what it was.

In this case it would be faster to restore the AX73 to its defaults and reconfigure from scratch:

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2024-04-11 14:59:22

@terziyski 

Yes, before I started changing things yesterday it worked. At the time I used it the last time, about a year ago too. 

I've mainly changed WiFi settings such as chanel, bandwidth control, transmitting power. As my guests complained about the WiFi speed (<20mbps Down, <10mbps Up) 

I saw this issue in the past, where I suddenly couldn't connect to the Internet anymore, but a restart of everything (Modem, DNS Server, WiFi Router,..) usually solved that. 

Options
2024-04-11 15:30:07

@Sten87 

Well, if nothing else (reverting back the settings, restart the router) works you gonna have to execure the restore procedure as I wrote in my previous post.

And make a configuration backup just in case before restoring the router settings.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2024-04-11 17:11:03

@terziyski 

I restored the router today midday with a backup from 2023 already and had to match the MAC Addresses of multiple devices again. 

I belive changing settings of a WiFi router shouldn't make it unusable, especially after restarting everything. Is there no way to clear his cache/memory or restart internal components? Like the issue persisted even after reboot seems a strange issue to me. 

Options
2024-04-11 20:50:58

@Sten87 

After you made all the tweaks and changes - make a configuration backup and then you can change whatever setting you want in the router.

If anything goes wrong, just restore the router configuration and evrything would be as you left it, before any router setting experiment.

Options
2024-04-12 12:17:18

@terziyski 

Sure, a backup existed, but I'm still surprised and equally annoyed that that changes made the guest network unusable while the regular network remained working.

Indeed resetting everything is usually possible, but I don't like that it was necessary.

Nevertheless, the issue is solved so far. Thanks. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 229

Replies: 6

Related Articles