DHCP acting up

DHCP acting up
DHCP acting up
3 weeks ago - last edited a week ago
Model: Archer AXE75  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi,

I'm having a sudden issue with DHCP acting up. I'm running my AXE75 as my main router, with my provider's modem/router in bridge mode. Everything worked fine for the last 6 months. I noticed yesterday I had no Wi-Fi on my phone when I got home from work.

Checking everything, I noticed my subnet was wrong 192.168.0.X instead of 192.168.1.X.

When I forget the network, it sometimes does correctly connect to 192.168.1.X. But it's random. As is with my other devices at home. Also, the devices connecting through Ethernet.

I have no idea what's going on and how to fix this. I've reset my router and even did a factory reset of the settings. The problem is still there.

Anyone knows what's going on here?

Thanks in advance,

Tim

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:DHCP acting up-Solution
a week ago - last edited a week ago

@Marvin_S 

Hi,

The problem seemed to have been fixed. It had to do with the WiFi extender.

I had one before this router. (RE700X)

I used it as a access point, but switched it to mesh when I got this router. The ethernet cable got connected again by my wife because she thought it should always be connected. Which made my network go crazy somehow. Resetting the extender seemed to have fixed everything. At least for now.

Recommended Solution
Options
4 Reply
Re:DHCP acting up
2 weeks ago

@TimDVS  

Hi, thanks for posting questions on our community.

According to your description, it seems to direct to an unstable wired and wireless connection issue.Here are some troubleshooting steps for your reference:

1) Connect a PC directly into your modem to verify if your Internet from ISP modem/router is stable.

2) Make sure the Ethernet cable between your modem and the Router is connected properly, replaced old cables with new ones.

3) Change the DNS Server of the Router, login the web management interface of the Router, go to Advanced > Network > Internet > Advanced Settings, change the two DNS Servers into 1.1.1.1 and 8.8.8.8.

4) Go to Advanced > System > Firmware Update to upgrade the firmware of the Router.

Options
Re:DHCP acting up-Solution
a week ago - last edited a week ago

@Marvin_S 

Hi,

The problem seemed to have been fixed. It had to do with the WiFi extender.

I had one before this router. (RE700X)

I used it as a access point, but switched it to mesh when I got this router. The ethernet cable got connected again by my wife because she thought it should always be connected. Which made my network go crazy somehow. Resetting the extender seemed to have fixed everything. At least for now.

Recommended Solution
Options
a week ago

@TimDVS 

Thanks for your update. When the extender RE700X works as range extender mode instead of access point, it should be connected to your main router wirelessly.

Options
a week ago

@Marvin_S 

It was set up this way. I'm just surprised that plugging in the Ethernet cable after the setup, it prioritized the cable.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 132

Replies: 4

Related Articles