Deco XE75 - Weird issues with connectivity

3 weeks ago
Model: Deco XE75  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.2.5 Build 20231225

I've had my XE75s for 3 weeks now and everything has been good... EXCEPT for two issues which are plaguing me.

First of all, I have 2 MacBook Pros (one for work, one for personal use) and I noticed that Reddit was showing the offline banner whenever I left it open in a tab and closed the lid for a short period of time. I also had a brief offline message when trying to upload photos to Facebook - both issues are not ones I've had in the past. Having taken my MBP to another house today, it didn't occur on their Wi-Fi, so it definitely appears related to my Decos.

I can recreate the issue as any point by simply turning off the Wi-Fi on my Mac, so it appears the Deco is dropping the connection once the laptop has gone to sleep, a behavior that isn't usual. Does anybody have any ideas about this at all? Anything I can try? I've read the maybe turning off the beam forming may be an answer.

I've also had issue with making video calls, where I'm simply loosing bandwidth. I have an app that I can run that shows me my bit-rate and it's all over the place - this didn't occur with my previous routers. Could these 2 issues be related or is this something else?

I'm less than a week away from being able to return these to the retailer and get a refund so I'm keen to try and find a solution.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Deco XE75 - Weird issues with connectivity
2 weeks ago

Anyone have an idea on this one? Here are a few specific example of what's happening...

1. My personal laptop will suddenly loose Wi-Fi once a day, before immediately re-connecting

2. Video call bandwidth is all over the place, and I'll often have a few drop-outs during an hour long call, despite being next to the router.

3. My wireless printer will regularly loose Wi-Fi connection and I have to reset it (i.e. turn the Wi-Fi off and back on again) to get it to connect again

I had none of these issues with my previous router so I'm keen to understand what could be going on here.

Options