Cant downgrade

Cant downgrade

Cant downgrade
Cant downgrade
2024-04-15 09:43:22
Model: Archer C24  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.12.0 Build 230109

so i upgraded my router firmware to version 230109 and it sucks. i have instabillity with speed and wifi. random reboots. etc. i cant downgrade to version 210830 that was perfect. it didnt had any issue at all. please help

Options
4 Reply
Re:Cant downgrade
2024-04-15 10:59:56

@Arvilsy 

I personally, wouldn't downgrade from Build 230109. A lot of new features added and security improved:

1. Added HTTP Referer Head Check.
2. Add the support of the PPTP Passthrough, L2TP Passthrough, and IPSec Passthrough.
3. Add the support of the range port of on the port forwarding.
4. Update the ISP IPTV profile.
5. Improved CWMP function
6. Enhance device security.
7. Fixed the bug that Virtual Servers could not add UDP entries for port 1701.
8. Fixed the bug that IPv6 failure under certain environments.

On the other hand there's nothing noting that you can't downgrade from this FW release.

Do you receive any error message during the FW update procedure ?

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2024-04-15 11:22:36

@terziyski yeah i noticed it too, it doesnt say that u cant downgrade but i get error upgrade failed when i try to downgrade to lower version. none of those features are personally useful to me the main thing is the stabiliity which the new firmware sucks at.my speeds drop from like 50mbps to 10 then back to 20 then 5 then 30. its just so random with only one device connected. i know its not windows cause i even tried it in linux and windows 10 instead of 11 with no difference 

Options
2024-04-15 13:17:36

@Arvilsy 

Well, if TP-Link gyus don't come up with something, you can contact your local support and ask them iif that's possible.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2024-04-16 04:16:00

@Arvilsy 

Hi, it is suggested to factory reset the router and reconfigure it. Then you may monitor the performance. Thank you~

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 294

Replies: 4

Related Articles