IP address on HP Printer is different from IP address on the Application

2024-04-15 12:32:02
Model: Deco X20-DSL  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 2.1.2 Build 20211219 86020

I am experiencing issue with IP address.  I am using a Deco X20-DSL.

I have set up a HP wireless printer on the network and the network has assigned IP address as 192.168.1.109 (have checked on the printer).  However, on the application, the IP shows as 192.168.1.102.

When I tried to re-assign the IP address to 109 on the apps, it does not register.

Any experience this issue ?

Options
2 Reply
Re:IP address on HP Printer is different from IP address on the Application
2024-04-15 13:33:25 - last edited 2024-04-15 13:34:13

@UM-SG does the printer work or is the IP clash stopping it from functioning? My next question would be is the IP wrong in the printer's app or the Deco app? Finally, do you have multiple networks that it could connect to and is it definitely connected to the right one?

Either way, my solution would be to completely disconnect the printer and "forget" the network on the device and on the Deco app. Then assign an IP address based on the MAC address of the printer using "Address Reservation" in the Deco app. Then set up the printer again and connect it to the correct SSID and it should be assigned the IP you've chosen for it. My printer is too old to support mesh connections so I had to select the correct wifi signal from my 3 Deco units by checking the MAC address of each satellite and picking the one in my office.

XE75 V1.0 3-pack / Wired backhaul / Router mode / UK
Options
Re:IP address on HP Printer is different from IP address on the Application
2024-04-15 14:50:52

@Wrayman 

Thanks for the prompt reply.

The IP address on the apps is incorrect and when I used my laptop to scan using the HP application, it shows 109 address.

There is only 1 network in the office and am not using mesh.

Will take your recommendation to reset the printer and see if it will directly assign the IP address reserved on the apps.

Thanks again.

Wrayman wrote

@UM-SG does the printer work or is the IP clash stopping it from functioning? My next question would be is the IP wrong in the printer's app or the Deco app? Finally, do you have multiple networks that it could connect to and is it definitely connected to the right one?

Either way, my solution would be to completely disconnect the printer and "forget" the network on the device and on the Deco app. Then assign an IP address based on the MAC address of the printer using "Address Reservation" in the Deco app. Then set up the printer again and connect it to the correct SSID and it should be assigned the IP you've chosen for it. My printer is too old to support mesh connections so I had to select the correct wifi signal from my 3 Deco units by checking the MAC address of each satellite and picking the one in my office.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 118

Replies: 2

Related Articles