Votes

Developments required on BE900 router

Votes

a week ago - last edited a week ago

I have two BE900 is a solid router for its price. However, just like other brands, it needs improvement. Allow me to add value to this router

1. MLO is disabled causing only one 5GHz band used for mesh

2. EasyMesh supports wired backhaul (not officially, but still works)

3. Satellite BE900 in mesh does not change its 5GHz second band, same for 6GHz band. Default SSID/password is used

4. Satellite BE900 in mesh does not transmit 2.4GHz, or is hidden

5. Network map for satellite BE900 on mesh is not visible

6. Cannot control light or display for second BE900 on mesh

7. Desktop interface overrides Tether app controls for LED lights control

8. Cannot sync LED or screen between primary and satellite routers

9. Can see satellite router link speed with primary router but is not visible on Tether app

Now coming from Asus Ai Mesh, I miss the following features

1. Network map for satellite router

2. Cannot distinguish if client is connected on primary or satellite access point

3. Cannot change location of primary router, only possible for satellite router

@Riley_S I hope any/all of the above features can be inculcated within the router and Tether app. I shall continue to point out any gaps as and when possible.

Hope these help!

Options
2 Reply
Re:Developments required on BE900 router
a week ago

@dannnyman 

Hello, thank you for posting on the TP-Link community, and we certainly appreciate all your feedback and feature request(s) here.

We don't have any specific details that I can share around whether the features can come to this model, or when it might, but I'll make sure to log this feature request and pass it along to the team.

I'm moving this conversation into the ‘Feature Request (Routers)' area and tagging it as a ‘Future Consideration’ for better visibility.

Feel free to let us know of any other feature requests you may have, we’d be happy to send them up for you.

Options
Re:Developments required on BE900 router
a week ago - last edited a week ago

@Marvin_S Yes, I shall! Apologies for the English.

I am carrying out certain functionality and connectivity tests. I will give you an update shortly.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 98

Replies: 2

Voters 0

No one has voted for it yet.