High loaded latency (Buffer bloat) on TP-Link AX10 (AX1500)

2 weeks ago - last edited 2 weeks ago
Model: Archer AX10  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 2.0.0 0.9 v604d.0 Build 210712 Rel.32702n

Got this router recently with a gigabit connection from the ISP and I'm noticing very high loaded latency on almost every speed test both through wired and WiFi (worse on WiFi, of course). And yes I ensured that no other device was connected to the router while performing this test.

I have concluded that this is due to the router alone and not the actual connection by connecting my ONT directly to my Windows PC through the gigabit port and there is very little difference between the ping and the loaded latency. I also confirmed this by doing a Buffer bloat test on waveform for both through the router as well as direct PC and got an A grade for direct PC connection and a D & F grade for router wired and WiFi connections respectively (300-600ms loaded latency on a connection with ping under 10ms and upload speed of 600-700mbps).

I also have a Nokia g2425g-a router from another ISP which I use with a 250mbps plan. And that one's difference between the ping and loaded latency is almost negligible and I get an A or A+ grade even on WiFi with download/upload of up to 250mbps.

The upload is much worse than the download on the AX10 and I have tried limiting the upstream bandwidth through QoS and yet the issue persists (there is no option to limit downstream bandwidth). So I'm looking for ways to improve this.

Router Ethernet Connection Router Ethernet Connection

Options
1 Reply
Re:High loaded latency (Buffer bloat) on TP-Link AX10 (AX1500)
a week ago

@jqnorth3 

Hi, thanks for posting question here.

If the ping value is out of the average range, please refer to this article to do troubleshooting and give us detailed feedback.

BTW, may I know your exact network topology? And who is your internet service provider?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 40

Replies: 1

Related Articles