TP-Link AV600 - cannot configure extender

a week ago
Model: TL-WPA4220 KIT  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi, I hope someone can help with the following:

We have been using the TL-WPA4220 KIT / AV600 for a few years without a problem. The extender stopped working for some reason. I switched it off and paired it again succesfully but it came up with "TP-Link_93A0" instead of our normal network name. I had forgotten the password for the extender so I did a factory reset so I could use the password that is on the label on the device.

I can now connect to the internet via the extender. I tried to log into the extender so I could change the network name and password so it would be synced with our normal wifi network. I cannot get in though. When I use http://tplinkplclogin.net it comes up with a page saying I need to connect via wifi to the extender directly but I am and it still comes up with the same page. 

I have tried it with an ethernet cable but I get the same result.

Any ideas?

regards

Options
3 Reply
Re:TP-Link AV600 - cannot configure extender
a week ago

@T140 

What is the hardware version of your TL-WPA4220? 

Please follow this guide to customize the wireless settings via tpPLC utility: How to customize wireless settings on tpPLC Utility

If your main router has WPS button, you could also clone the wireless settings via WPS: How can I copy the wireless setting from the front router using Wi-Fi Clone button? 

Options
a week ago

@Sunshine 
thank you for your reply.

The model is: TL-WPA4229(UK) Ver: 3.0

Options
a week ago

@T140 

You could stll try the methods in my last reply.

And for TL-WPA4220 V3, the login address of its web interface should be http://tplinkplc.net

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 94

Replies: 3

Related Articles