Router reset

Router reset

Router reset
Router reset
a week ago - last edited a week ago
Model: Archer C7  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: Unknown

Hi, I have a TP Link router and I want to get into the admin panel but I have forgotten the password.

To reset the password I would have to reset the router back to it's default settings (by pressing the reset button on the router). If I do that does the wireless password and Network SSID change? I didn't change the ones that were on the back of the router when I bought it (see attachment). Because if they are different after the reset then I will have to re-enter the new details to my smart TV, tablet, smartphone etc.

Thank you

File:
TP_LINK.pngDownload
Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Router reset-Solution

@leesider 

Hi,

A reset will always revert the SSIDs and wireless password to the values printed on the label of the router.

So, if the SSIDs and password presently used by the router are identical to what is printed on the label, then they will still be identical after the reset.

And by the way, it is actually not too difficult to change the default SSIDs and password(s) of any Wi-Fi router. If you ever decided to buy a new router, even one of another brand, you could just change the SSIDs and password(s) on the new router to match what you've used in the past, instead of changing them on every client device in your home to match the default ones of the new router. 

Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:Router reset-Solution

@leesider 

Hi,

A reset will always revert the SSIDs and wireless password to the values printed on the label of the router.

So, if the SSIDs and password presently used by the router are identical to what is printed on the label, then they will still be identical after the reset.

And by the way, it is actually not too difficult to change the default SSIDs and password(s) of any Wi-Fi router. If you ever decided to buy a new router, even one of another brand, you could just change the SSIDs and password(s) on the new router to match what you've used in the past, instead of changing them on every client device in your home to match the default ones of the new router. 

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Router reset
a week ago

@leesider Thank you for your reply

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 101

Replies: 2

Related Articles