reboot via url on tp-link C80

a week ago
Model: Archer C80  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

There are instructions online for rebooting older tp-link routers via the command /userRpm/SysRebootRpm.htm . This no longer works on newer ones.

I need to be able to reboot my router via curl because recently my heartbeat request to my camera failed. The requests started chopping in the middle of the word: hea - rtbeat. What the exact cause was is unknown, but rebooting solved the problem. Maybe the problem was with the ISP. For this reason I would like to be able to reboot the router when such an anomaly occurs. 

Options
2 Reply
Re:reboot via url on tp-link C80
a week ago - last edited Thursday

@accountnujen 

Indeed this was available in the past, but it was deprecated due to a security reasons.

To restart the router remotely you have three options:

1. Remote access the router web management and restart the router:

2. Using tether app for remote management (restarting) the router.

3. Configure schedule feature to restart the router on a specified time schedule:

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
Re:reboot via url on tp-link C80
a week ago

@terziyski 

1. Remote access the router web management and restart the router:

With 1 first option, how do you do an automatic reboot?

2. Using tether app for remote management (restarting) the router.

How do I tell the app that I need to reboot the router automatically?

3. Configure schedule feature to restart the router on a specified time schedule:

Do you seriously think I know in advance when a mistake is going to happen? You overestimate me. It feels good.

Of course, none of the three options solve my problem. I need to add in my php script the ability to reboot the router if an error occurs. Your suggestions do not help me in any way.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 106

Replies: 2

Related Articles