Connection Preference

Connection Preference
Connection Preference
2024-04-27 16:06:40
Model: Deco S4  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.4.1

Hi..  Looking for some help. 

I have three S4's and one X50.  The S4's are =     US/3.6   /    1.4.1    /   20230324

The Router or main deco is in my basement, I then have one with ethernet connected to the 1st floor, then a satillite on the 2nd floor, and another satellite on the roof which is the X50.

I have moved the 2nd floor one into my camper in the driveway which is in site of the roof top X50 (although much higher as its on my roof so the camper in reality is about 5 stories down).  Im shocked and surprised that the 2nd foor is connection to the first floor Deco which is the furtherest away from where I now have the 2nd floor Deco. 

I see the X50 has a "connection preference" option that my S4's do not have so I cannot force the 2nd floor to the outdoor rooftop X50, which would make sense it would connect to. 

Is there a way to make a "connection preference" with the S4?  or do I have to buy a more expensive X50 to do this and put that inside my camper or just outside it?????

Any help would be greatly appreaciated.  Thanks Kevin

Options
1 Reply
Re:Connection Preference
2024-04-29 08:22:34

@Doublekay 

Hi, welcome to the community.

I'm afraid that there hasn't been a beta firmware that supports "connection preference" for Deco S4_V3.

Is the rooftop Deco X50-outdoor connected by Wi-Fi or Ethernet cable into the Mesh system?

Is it possible that you could put Deco X50- outdoor in the camper on the driveway, then put Deco S4 on the rooftop(or maybe inside the roof )?

Thank you very much and best regards.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 126

Replies: 1

Related Articles