Failing POST after factory restore in the new firmware

2024-05-02 09:34:13 - last edited 2024-05-02 09:39:54
Model: Archer C6  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: 1.13.5 Build 240222 Rel.50991n(5553)

Recently I had done update of the firmware to the latest version. But after that update, I noticed that the router admin pages are loading slowly.

Hence, I decided to go for a factory restore using the hardware control i.e press the reset button using a pen.

After, factory restore the LED light for POWER is continuously blinking. Then I did some google search and found that TP link firmware have to downgraded and hence, I downloaded it from TP link website, uploaded the firmware using cable and everything is back to normal.

Lost my precious 4 hours in troubleshooting this issue which shouldn't be there in the first place. 

My question to TP link is - Does it not test its firmware before putting it in production ?

Why does latest firmware is not available for download from the download center in the TP link website ? On top of that why does TP link recommends to update the firmware if its not putting its latest firmware on its website ?

Options
3 Reply
Re:Failing POST after factory restore in the new firmware
2024-05-02 10:17:17

@tplnkuser101 

Firmware Version: 1.13.5 Build 240222 Rel.50991n(5553) apparently is not uploaded on some regional support websites.

If you have troubles with this FW release check this thread on how to mitigate them. If you don't want to use a beta FW release downgrade to FW v1.13.2 and wait for the next stable release.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2024-05-02 10:28:42

@tplnkuser101 Gotcha, but I still did not understand why BETA firmware is being pushed to devices and its prompts to update it.

Usually, the stable firmware gets pushed to devices.

Options
2024-05-02 10:42:13

@tplnkuser101 

FW v1.13.5 was probably meant to be a stable release, but an issues has been detected and that's why the beta v1.13.7 has been released.

Here's one of the local support websites where you can see v1.13.5 as an official FW release.

As for why it's still available for cloud FW update, only the TP-Link support can answer that.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 229

Replies: 3

Related Articles