After the latest firmware update, the internet connectivity is too slow in our office

After the latest firmware update, the internet connectivity is too slow in our office

2024-05-06 03:57:00
Model: Archer AX73  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.3.6 Build 20240325 rel.39241(5553)

After the latest firmware update, which I was done on last Thursday, now the internet connectivity in office is too bad. Most of the employees are facing low internet connectivity and during call it shows poor internet connectivity. Previously, there was a serious issue in which the router turns off automatically which was a serious issue.
Since we were not abe to reset the router, we are in a point where, we the Network Team don't know what to do to solve this issue. Some laptops are automatically getting connected to 2.4 Ghz and some are on 5 Ghz. This is something really really disgusting.

Options
4 Reply
Re:After the latest firmware update, the internet connectivity is too slow in our office
2024-05-07 03:33:16

@XMAdmin 

Hi, you may try to enable the Smart Connect?

TP-Link Smart Connect allows the router to automatically assign connected devices to the Wi-Fi band that provides the fastest speed. By balancing the load and assigning devices to the most appropriate band, Smart Connect can reduce delays and interruptions.

When Smart Connect enabled, the router’s 2.4GHz and 5GHz networks share the same SSID (network name) and password. You can enjoy a seamless connection between 2.4GHz and 5GHz networks.

Options
Re:After the latest firmware update, the internet connectivity is too slow in our office
3 weeks ago

@XMAdmin I had similar issue - Connectivity to some of my my devices were experiencing intermittent high latency and packet loss to the tune of up to 55% packet loss and ping times (32 byte packets) of over 3000ms.  I downgraded the firmware to the previous release (1.3.5 Build 20230922 rel.71211(5553), and the problem seems to be resolved.  To be a little more specific, I'm running an Archer AX73 v1.0.  I'm turning off the "Auto Update" feature for the time being

Using latest firmware :
Ping statistics for 192.168.1.179:
    Packets: Sent = 100, Received = 45, Lost = 55 (55% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
    Minimum = 3ms, Maximum = 3891ms, Average = 507ms

Using previous version:
Ping statistics for 192.168.1.179:
    Packets: Sent = 100, Received = 100, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
    Minimum = 2ms, Maximum = 411ms, Average = 27ms

I hope this helps.

Options
2 weeks ago

@XMAdmin Same problem, after upgrade AXE75  my speed has dropped from 600 mb to 400 mb and the speed is not constant, last firmware is not good

Options
2 weeks ago

@KaioShin  

KaioShin wrote

@XMAdmin Same problem, after upgrade AXE75  my speed has dropped from 600 mb to 400 mb and the speed is not constant, last firmware is not good

Solved, you have to do a factory reset after updating the firmware, the update has many changes and it is mandatory to do the reset, the bad thing is that it is useless to make the backup copy because then when you put it after the reset it continues to work badly, so after the reset you have to start from scratch to configure the router again.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 295

Replies: 4

Related Articles