Router MR400 offline to reached data limit

2024-05-12 19:59:27 - last edited 2024-05-17 06:43:27
Model: Archer MR400  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi everyone. 

I configured my router to go offline when it reached the maximum data limit of the SIM and so it happened... My question is: how do yuo get back online? 

I'm not physically close to the modem and can only access it remotely. But it's offline... If I recharge the SIM, does the router understand it and turn on? Or do I have to restart it live?

I think the answer will be no, also because the SIM doesn't seem to have finished data traffic yet... Boh...

Can yuo help me? What can i do? 

Thanks very much for yuor help. 

Ciao Colla

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Router MR400 offline to reached data limit -Solution
2024-05-13 07:35:48 - last edited 2024-05-17 06:43:27

@Colla 

Hi, thanks for posting question on our community.

The data usage settings on a 4G LTE router enable you to monitor and manage the amount of data consumed by the router. These settings allow you to monitor data usage, set usage limits, and receive notifications when certain thresholds are reached. By utilizing data usage settings, you can effectively manage your data consumption and avoid exceeding your plan's data limit.

To configure data usage settings on the TP-Link 4G LTE Router, please follow the steps below:

1) Log into the Web UI via http://tplinkmodem.net.

2) Go to Advanced -> Network -> Data Settings

3) Enable "Monthly Data Statistics" if you would like to monitor or limit monthly data usage; Or leave it disabled if you would like to monitor total data usage.

4) Enable "Data Limit", then enter Total/Monthly Allowance, Usage Alert, etc. based on your SIM plan, and save it.

Notes:

1) If the displayed Total/Monthly Used data is incorrect, you could click Correct and enter the correct data usage manually.

2) If you reach the set data limit and lose internet access, you could top up or purchase more data and then log back into the Web UI to adjust the Data Settings, after that, you will get internet access again.

But as you mentioned, if there is no data traffic, we can not access to the web UI to change settings remotely.

Recommended Solution
Options
4 Reply
Re:Router MR400 offline to reached data limit -Solution
2024-05-13 07:35:48 - last edited 2024-05-17 06:43:27

@Colla 

Hi, thanks for posting question on our community.

The data usage settings on a 4G LTE router enable you to monitor and manage the amount of data consumed by the router. These settings allow you to monitor data usage, set usage limits, and receive notifications when certain thresholds are reached. By utilizing data usage settings, you can effectively manage your data consumption and avoid exceeding your plan's data limit.

To configure data usage settings on the TP-Link 4G LTE Router, please follow the steps below:

1) Log into the Web UI via http://tplinkmodem.net.

2) Go to Advanced -> Network -> Data Settings

3) Enable "Monthly Data Statistics" if you would like to monitor or limit monthly data usage; Or leave it disabled if you would like to monitor total data usage.

4) Enable "Data Limit", then enter Total/Monthly Allowance, Usage Alert, etc. based on your SIM plan, and save it.

Notes:

1) If the displayed Total/Monthly Used data is incorrect, you could click Correct and enter the correct data usage manually.

2) If you reach the set data limit and lose internet access, you could top up or purchase more data and then log back into the Web UI to adjust the Data Settings, after that, you will get internet access again.

But as you mentioned, if there is no data traffic, we can not access to the web UI to change settings remotely.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Router MR400 offline to reached data limit
2024-05-13 09:37:04

@Marvin_S 

Ciao Marvin, thanks a lot for your reply. I now purchase more data for the sim, so do I have to reboot the router manually to get it back up? Is it enough to "unplug and reconnect the power"? Sorry for the question but I need someone to do it for me, who is probably not familiar with it... 

Thanks again. Ciao

Colla

Options
2024-05-14 09:43:01

@Colla 

Hi, as said before, if you reach the set data limit and lose internet access, you could top up or purchase more data and then log back into the Web UI to adjust the Data Settings, after that, you will get internet access again.

So someone need to log into the web interface of the router to adjust Data Settings for you.

Options
2024-05-14 19:35:59

@Marvin_S 

Ok, thanks! 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 168

Replies: 4

Related Articles