Continuous connection issues. DNS/ WIFI drops and other

2024-05-12 21:29:43
Model: Archer AX6000  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.1.3 Build 20230906 rel.52177(4555)

Hi

Im running into my final threads of patience for this router. COnsidering the price i wouldnt expect this at all.

When connected via network cables i dont seem to have any issues but WiFi devices are struggling. The Laptop Im using now will often not work when i turn it on first time. I get DNS issues and connection drops. Same occors across other devices in the house. I have changed my Primary DNS to 8.8.8.8 but still getting the same issue. I have also switched to the FREE BT router and that works without any drops,

Please help!

Options
1 Reply
Re:Continuous connection issues. DNS/ WIFI drops and other
2024-05-13 05:54:55

@RetroMike 

Hi, thanks for posting question in our community.

You may login the web management interface of the Router, go to Advanced > Wireless > Wireless Settings, change the wireless channel into another one.

And, for 2.4GHz wireless client devices, adjust 2.4GHz channel width into 20MHz, for 5G wireless client devices, adjust 5GHz channel width into 80MHz or 40MHz to avoid interference.

It is suggested to temporarily disable advanced router features like Quality of Service (QoS) that may be causing compatibility issues with specific client devices.

Does the unstable connection issue happens on all your wireless devices? How often does the issue happen? 

When the issue happens, can your devices connect to the wireless network but have no internet, or even can not connect?

Can rebooting the router manually fix the issue? Or the router can recover back to normal automatically after a while? 

You more detailed feedback would help to analyze the issue better.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 60

Replies: 1

Related Articles