TP Link Utility Troubles With PG2400P

2024-05-16 17:39:09
Model: PG2400P KIT  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Hi all,

I've recently upgraded my Powerline Adapters to PG2400P's. I want to update the firmware on them to make sure they are up to date but the TP PLC util is causing me headaches. I've used the utility in the past with no issues, but with these new adapters - it's not working :(

Attempt #1: Mac OS

My main computer is a Mac, so I'm attempting to use the Mac version of the utility. It worked fine with my older powerline adapters. Now with the newer adapters, nothing is detected. I am running the latest version for MacOS (which calls out that it should work for the PG2400P in the release notes).

Attempt #2: Windows 10

Luckily, I have a Windows 10 box knocking around. So I boot that up, install the latest Windows version of the TP PLC Utility and the adapters show! Yay! But when I hover over the devices, expecting to see an advance/settings icon, all I get are two options: FAQ & Website. Nothing to update the firmware with!

So, how do you update the firmware on the PG2400P?

Kind regards,

Lee

Options
3 Reply
Re:TP Link Utility Troubles With PG2400P
2024-05-16 17:51:38

Well I couldn't get the utility to work, but I did read the manual instead! So I now realise that the 'Website' link on the TPPLC Utility is the web UI for the device. So I used the Windows based util to get the IP addresses of the adapters, then switched back to the Mac to do the updates. Shame the util doesn't work on the Mac but I can live with the web UI.

Options
2024-05-17 04:14:00

@LTheobald 

Hi, thanks for posting question on our community. You may download and install the lastest version of tpPLC Utility from the official website?

Then open the PLC Utility, click the powerline device that you want to upgrade, go to "Advanced > Update".

You might see different file formats required for different powerline models (including .NVM, .PIB, .GGL, .BIN, etc), please refer to this FAQ for details.

Options
2024-05-17 07:10:43 - last edited 2024-05-17 07:12:39

Thank you for making this post and for finding the solution! It worked for me - I have a parallel thread to yours.

I clicked on this link on Mac, as you suggested, and it took the to the adapter's individual website!

I can see I have the latest firmware version, so no need to upgrade!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 392

Replies: 3

Related Articles