Can i safely update my AX73 US v2.0??

2024-05-21 22:25:05
Model: Archer AX73  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.0.12

Hello guys,

A new update has arrived to my Archer AX73 US V2.0,  actually i've 1.0.12  and the new version is 1.1.0;  

Has someone already tested this update??  i'm scared to apply it, don't trust too much in tp link when solving issues..

What comes new with it??  does it brings the IOT network?

I'm afraid that it comes with more problems than solutions that can make my router work bad...

Don't understand why now the firmware updates "cannot be degraded to the previous version"??  this is a regression, what tp-link want to achieve with ban that??  

Options
4 Reply
Re:Can i safely update my AX73 US v2.0??
2024-05-22 04:56:45

@GeorKhawam 

When there are significant implementation changes in device software its version usually can't be downgraded.

If you don't have any issues with your device, don't upgrade and wait till you see any feedback in the community.

Release notes:

Modifications:
Enhanced device stability.

Bug Fixes:
1.Fixed the bug of occasional disconnections with specific IoT devices; 
2.Fixed the bug that CWMP experiences abnormal disconnections when port forwarding is enabled;
3.Fixed the bug that AP isolation fails to function properly under specific settings;
4.Fixed the bug that causes Smart Connect to be automatically disabled under specific operations;
5.Fixed the bug that there could be automatic restarts after adding specific models in the easymesh.

Note:
This firmware cannot be degraded to the previous version.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2024-05-22 14:55:45

@terziyski  Really no matter what comes included in any updates,  EVERY NEW UPDATE (important or not), always says  "can't be downgraded to previous versions".. 

Actually i haven't problems with mi AX73,   but how could i know if this update will give me an interesting new feature??  For example  i'm need the IoT network;    the "release date" says something about that  but isn't very precise:  

***1.Fixed the bug of occasional disconnections with specific IoT devices***   <-----  Does it mean that this update brings the IoT wifi network feature???  

Options
2024-05-22 15:37:35

@GeorKhawam 

Probably not because as you can see from the release notes they are mostly a bug fixes than new features.

You can take a look at this feature request to check how you can mitigate the absense of this feature.

Here's the guide for configurinh IoT network. Look at the section "This Article Applies to :" to see what models support this yet.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2024-05-28 13:55:43

@terziyski 

I want the IoT Network apart because i don't want to massively "reconfigure" all my iot devices in home every time i have to change my wifi password...  i have months wanting to change my wifi credentials but can't spend time adding each iot device in home (some of them are tedious to configure and set up)..

The guest network is just that, a guest network... if i want change the password for guest network the problem will be the same.  That's not an option, in fact, it seems like a botch  suggest me to use the guest network as an iot network.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 289

Replies: 4

Related Articles