MU-MIMO keeps switching off

2024-05-26 05:33:13
Model: Archer BE550  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.08 build 202402226 rel. 61914(5553)

MU-MIMO keeps switching off and goes to OFDMA only no matter what I do. My Galaxy s24 ultra is struggling to connect to the Wi-Fi 7 6GHz If it connects at all. For some reason it keeps either saying password incorrect Yes, I've checked and checked and rechecked the password to make sure it's 1000% correct and it always is and when that's not the issue it just outright refuses to connect. Also, the 6GHz signal keeps disappearing randomly and is extremely hard to locate without manually typing it in and yes, I'm standing right next to the router with my phone a Google pixel 8 pro so that's bizarre to say the least. Even worse on the Galaxy s24 ultra where it refuses to show up all together even though I'm still standing right next to the router and I've tried every setting this router has in every configuration I could and it's still a major problem as I bought this router for the 6GHz/Wi-Fi 7 and this router's brand new only a day old.

Options
9 Reply
Re:MU-MIMO keeps switching off
2024-05-26 09:47:53

@Oldnight 

You can go through this thread to see how can mitigate this behavior.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2024-05-26 20:05:54

@terziyski  beta 1.99.99 Build 20240417 rel.77410(5553) fixed MU-MIMO switching off but now none of my devices can discover the wi-fi 7 6GHz without manually searching for it and It's range has dropped down considerably. plus the S24 ultra gets the worst range with this router and the 5GHz is definitely overpowering the 6GHz. I am standing right next to the router and still can't get full 6GHz wi-fi 7 signal with either the pixel 8 pro or pixel 8 or S24 ultra or any 6GHz wi-fi 7 devices... But 5GHz is blasting full signal.

Options
2024-05-26 22:42:30

@Oldnight 

Lets hope TP-Link will come up with a solution soon as I just bumped on a thread with the same observations as yours.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2024-05-27 08:42:22

@terziyski 

Hi, thanks for your reminder!

Options
2024-05-27 08:51:45

@Oldnight 

Hi, we have reported the issue to the support engineers, they will likely reach out to you via email to continue to troubleshoot your issue. Please check your email box and confirm.

Options
2024-05-28 17:05:20 - last edited 2024-05-28 17:09:21

I updated to beta 1.99.99 Build 20240417 rel.77410(5553) and the only thing it fixed was the MM-MIMMO turning off after I turn it on. Nothing else was fixed and this beta also made it so none of the phones can find the 6 GHz unless we type it in manually even when standing directly next to the router and when connected even standing right next to the router. Still can't get full signal on three separate phones with Wi-Fi 7 cool great! That's why I paid $250 and The Galaxy s24 ultra is the worst with this phone if it even walks more than 10 ft away from the router it wants to disconnect every single time if you can get it to connect at all the first time. Because for Wi-Fi 7 6 GHz it just keeps refusing and refusing and refusing still with this beta after updating from the last firmware that was just as bad. And then I receive an email asking me to go back to the prior firmware I upgraded from to this beta to see if that fixes my problems. Why the hell would I be here trying to find a solution to the problems. If going back to the original firmware that was causing me the original headache would somehow magic the problem away after updating to this beta that has to be the the most stupidest thing to say... Does anyone working at tp-link know how to program at all? Or are you all just guessing... This is obviously a software problem because changing software changed what worked and what didn't and how it worked and how it didn't do better. Oh and to be even more insulting. Thank you tp-link. The person that emailed me from your staff told me that if going back to the prior very very broken software did not fix my issues that I should just return the product. Great staff member you have there. Instead of fixing the bugs you're telling me to just return it and not use your products. So incredibly helpful...

Options
2024-05-28 18:00:16 - last edited 2024-05-28 18:28:14

@Oldnight 

easy man, you are not alone :) i have my problem with BE550v1 too and signal :) They send me: beta firmware 1.0.9 Build 20240429 rel.749(4555) and to working  OFDMA + MU-MIMO. you need first trun it off.. select all wifis parametras again, and after switch on again :) 

And every firmware i have diffrent power of signal from Be550v1 :D From all bands. And every device from same distance has other dBm signal :D so it for 100% a firmware :) btw i compare all to AX55v1 router and there all go stable :)

btw. i notice BE550v1 works best and stable only with Intel wifi cards other... nope, they need a fix it.

i send to TP LINK already two emial with bunch of data and testing of my own. so i just wating for answer from enginers. 

Options
2024-05-28 19:38:40

How long has this router been on the market? October 12th 2023 it released and they've won awards for this broken mess...

I'm upset because in an email I'm told to go back to the firmware that was even more broken than this beta and I was told that if that didn't work to just return the router.

That's great customer support for a $250 award-winning router. No help whatsoever from customer support. Total cost $270.93 I feel like everyone that bought this router should be entitled to a certain level of actually helpful customer support that actually fixes the problem. Plus we should stop giving companies a pass for releasing expensive broken products and just having the mindset that it will get fixed with patches.

We all know that they brag about winning an award on the Amazon store page. But basic functionality of wi-fi 7 6 GHz is still something around 4 months and a few days shy of a full year still a mess If not, just outright broken. I've had this router for 5 days from purchase and it's not getting better with an update just a tiny bit less broken.

My last ax router up until it died had no problem blasting out full signal to my entire house with only two tiny antennas. This has six and struggles to get a few feet away from the router before dropping the 6 GHz signal strength if not just outright dropping it all together for the Galaxy s24 ultra and it doesn't quite make sense why the Galaxy s24 ultra keeps getting told that it either has the wrong password or just outright refusing to connect and I have to fight with it to get it to connect if it's even willing to at all that is absolutely a software/firmware problem, especially considering the s24 ultra only has problems connecting to this router. Plus the s24 ultra freaks out for the rare occasion that it does connect to the 6 GHz between Wi-Fi 6E and 7 spazing back and forth at a ridiculously crazy pace and that is the only device that does that and this is the only router that this problem occurs with s24 ultra. Not to mention the issue where every device has to manually type in the Wi-Fi 7. Because it cannot be detected with this beta firmware even being right next to the router.

And with the fact that so many people are having almost identical problems with 6 GHz and Wi-Fi 7 was this product even tested before hitting the market? If it's bad hardware then they need to publicly admit it and do a recall. If it's software then have some software engineers work on the firmware, right? It's been on the market for almost 8 months. Don't tell a customer to just return the product. That's not helpful at all.

Currently the 5 GHz signal is faster and stronger than the Wi-Fi 7 6 GHz signal and I'm standing right next to the router that's mind-boggling especially when I'm the only one on my block that has a Wi-Fi 7 router or a router that has access to the 6 GHz spectrum so interference doesn't explain that in this case and unfortunately for me there's no combination of settings that changes that as I've been mixing and matching settings since setting this up originally to try and mitigate these issue. And everything has been rebooted and rebooted and rebooted to the point of exhaustion.

Options
2024-05-28 20:50:38

@Oldnight 

I have simillar issue.  It's funny becouse no one could test it properly before. Always when TP-LINK routers start be more avaiable in "Europe" in magic way starting issue with products. My copy i got 1 week ago, only becouse i preoder it on Amazon.it. Becouse i have few devices with WiFI 6E and other router to compare from TP-LINK. I know when something work good or bad. I do few test today and BE550v1 WiFi only work stable and efficeincy with intel WiFi cards.other ways signal its jumpy or you got less dBm depends of firmware number LOL.  For now BE550v1  got problems cover 2 bedrooms.  3x cheaper AX55v1 cover 4 bedrooms with no problem :) Hope engienier read my emials and start work about fix problem. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 955

Replies: 9

Related Articles