Archer BE805 EasyMesh not supporting MLO / 6g?

2024-06-01 13:05:50 - last edited 2024-06-14 07:32:55
Model: Archer BE805  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.11 Build 20240318 rel.63271(4A50)

I have two BE805 setup with EasyMesh far away.

I can see only smart connect is getting meshed with strong signal, but the MLO network and 6g is not meshed, only casting from the main router, so if I am in other room, basically I cannot use MLO network and 6g due to it weak signal.

Any idea will this be support and by when?

Am I supposed to buy Deco series instead?   This is horrible experience as there is nothing mentioned in the product detail about this behavior.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Archer BE805 EasyMesh not supporting MLO / 6g?-Solution
2024-06-03 08:34:31 - last edited 2024-06-11 08:59:16

@KingC 

Hi, thanks for posting question here.

Yes, satellite router still does not support MLO.

We don't have any specific details that I can share around if this feature can come to your home router, or when it might, but I'll make sure to log this feature request and pass it along to the team.

I'm moving this conversation into the ‘Feature Request (Routers)' area and tagging it as a ‘Future Consideration’ for better visibility.

Feel free to let us know of any other feature requests you may have, we’d be happy to send them up for you.

BTW, Easymesh and Deco mesh are different technologies. For your reference: TP-Link Deco Mesh vs EasyMesh vs OneMesh vs Omada Mesh What's the Difference?

Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:Archer BE805 EasyMesh not supporting MLO / 6g?-Solution
2024-06-03 08:34:31 - last edited 2024-06-11 08:59:16

@KingC 

Hi, thanks for posting question here.

Yes, satellite router still does not support MLO.

We don't have any specific details that I can share around if this feature can come to your home router, or when it might, but I'll make sure to log this feature request and pass it along to the team.

I'm moving this conversation into the ‘Feature Request (Routers)' area and tagging it as a ‘Future Consideration’ for better visibility.

Feel free to let us know of any other feature requests you may have, we’d be happy to send them up for you.

BTW, Easymesh and Deco mesh are different technologies. For your reference: TP-Link Deco Mesh vs EasyMesh vs OneMesh vs Omada Mesh What's the Difference?

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Archer BE805 EasyMesh not supporting MLO / 6g?
2024-07-10 15:24:58 - last edited 2024-07-10 15:32:16

Hi Marvin_S,

In the description, is the term ‘satellite router’ referring only to the BE805 EasyMesh feature, or does it apply to all TP-Link BE series routers?

Also, how does this apply when it is used as the main router? I believe that Multi-Link Operation (MLO) is a better match for the backhaul connection.

However, if your description is accurate, it could pose a serious issue for the BE series product line.

Are you planning to publish this restriction as an official statement?

Currently, our community is experiencing some confusion.

Thanks regards,

Gee580

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 580

Replies: 2

Related Articles