AP Mode good but no Internet

2 weeks ago
Model: TL-WR840N  
Hardware Version: V6
Firmware Version: 0.9.1 4.19 v0001.0 Build 231120 Rel.85982n

I'm using a TP Link router to be a extender now I have already set it up, I connected a ethernet cable plugged in LAN on my main router and on WAN on thr TP Link TL-WR840N Router then set it up on the website (tplinkwifi.net). I did the quick set up then the internet logo on the TP Link device turned solid but no Internet, Why is that??

Options
5 Reply
Re:AP Mode good but no Internet
2 weeks ago

@BunzZz 

Here's the guide for configuring a router in AP mode (Case 1).

It's mandatory that the LAN IP address of the device in AP mode to be in the same subnet as the main router. i.e:

If the main router has a LAN IP address 192.168.1.0/24, the LAN IP address of AP should be in the same subnet.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2 weeks ago

@terziyski I've already done that set up, I finished the quick set up but there's still no internet connection.

Options
2 weeks ago

@BunzZz 

What's your main router LAN IP address and what's the WR840n LAN IP address ?

In general these LAN settings should work out of the box.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2 weeks ago

@terziyski Do I need to set them both like the main is 192.168.23.18 then what should I put in the TP Link?

Options
2 weeks ago

@BunzZz 

If your main router is with a LAN IP address 192.168.23.18 then set TP-Link with a LAN IP address 192.168.23.254 and test.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 153

Replies: 5

Related Articles