no 4g signal for TL-MR6400

2 weeks ago
Model: TL-MR6400  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version:

hi, I hold a 4g modem TP  LINK model TL-MR6400, for more than one year I used it with different SIM cards and worked perfectly. All of a sudden the modem stopped working. it doesn't pick 3g or 4g signal; no upgrade/change in config was made prior the issue. The WIFI works fine and the SIM card too (tried it on different modem...). I tried both firmware upgrade, ISP upgrade and then fabric reset. None of theese worked, while i test network it says:

Test Sim Card    Pass
Test WAN Connection    Fail
Diagnostics completed    

Note:Internet unavailable due to no 3G or 4G signal. Please position the antennas upward and place the router in a location where it can get a good 3G or 4G signal reception.

what can I do ?? the device is now useless ? it's a shame as it wasn't hit or didn't experience overloads..

thanks for the support ))

Options
3 Reply
Re:no 4g signal for TL-MR6400
2 weeks ago
What does the device log say about this issue? I'd also suggest speaking with your mobile carrier in case they blocked/blacklisted the modem from their network. I'm just another user
Options
2 weeks ago

@fab-- 

Hi, thanks for posting question here.

There could be several reasons why you are not able to access the internet or receive a signal with your 4G LTE router. Here are a few troubleshooting steps you can try:

1. Check your SIM card and network coverage: Ensure that your SIM card works fine on other 4G devices and you are within the coverage area of your mobile service provider. Weak signal reception can result in poor internet connection or no connection at all.

2. Make sure your SIM card has been detected by the 4G LTE Router and not locked by PIN code. You could check SIM Card Status on Advanced->Status page to confirm it:

If it shows "No SIM card detected", follow this guide for troubleshooting.

If it shows "PIN Required", go to Advanced->Network->PIN Management to enter PIN code of your SIM card to unlock it.

3. Verify APN profile settings: Check if the Access Point Name (APN) settings on Advanced->Network->Internet page are correct. If not, try other available profile or create a new profile manually.

4. Factory reset the 4G LTE Router, pressing and holding the reset button for about 10 seconds. Keep in mind that this will erase any customized settings, so make sure to note them down before resetting.

5. If the above suggestions did not resolve the issue, this is a detailed FAQ for more troubleshooting tips.

@M585583 

Thanks for your suggestion as well.

Options
a week ago

@fab-- 

I have the exact same issue since a week or 2. The router, in combination with an data simcard, was working fine for a few months, until 2 weeks ago. The router lost connection to the internet for some reason and I'm not able to get the internet connection back. The sim card is not locked and is working fine in my iPhone. The signal strength indicators on the router are not visible anymore...

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 99

Replies: 3

Related Articles