BE85 + M9 Speed Issue
BE85 + M9 Speed Issue
2024-06-10 02:46:31
Model: Deco BE85   Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.0.18 Build 20240409 Rel. 41111

Dear Sir,

I would like to report an issue.

When using Deco BE85 attached to Starhub 10Gbe nokia ont.  i am able to get about 7+Gbe for down and up load from the BE85 based on the app speed test.

However, once i plug in the M9 as a secondary router, the speed dramatically speed drop.  download still around 7GBE but upload has drop to below 1Gbe.. sometime .. like 600M-900M.

once i pull out the M9, the speed goes back to normal.

I would like to understand if BE85 has a limitation for the output port for 2.5G and 20G port?

regards.

Options
4 Reply
Re:BE85 + M9 Speed Issue
2024-06-10 17:36:24

@JimmyLow 

additionally i found out that by adjusting the QOS bandwidth that is allocated to the M9 seem to be able to affect the speed of the test result.  If you set 1000, then the speed will would 7Gbe down and 900+ up.  if you set to 3000, it would be 7Gbe n 2700+.. and if you set 8000 then both wiould be 7G+.

seem to be some algorithm process or software bug.

by default the port is limited; i.e 2 x 2.5g n 1 x 10g. and auto config to 1g.  the QOS is to allocate bandwidth and not affect any setting on incoming..

please help to look into the firmware.

thanks 

Options
2024-06-11 08:08:01

@JimmyLow 

Hello, thanks for posting in our community.

Can you please draw me a specific network layout when adding the Deco M9P as a secondary router in the network? Are the M9P and BE85 working in Router mode and connected to the Starhub 10Gbe nokia ont directly? Or is the M9P connected to the BE85 as a satellite unit?

Meanwhile, when you say 'by adjusting the QOS bandwidth that is allocated to the M9 seem to be able to affect the speed of the test result.', can I also confirm where you adjusted this QoS setting? On the BE85?

Enabling QoS helps you set priority for specific applications and devices through priority allocation and traffic management, especially in congested or high-load network conditions. It ensures critical applications or tasks receive more bandwidth and priority, but it doesn't equal setting a specific bandwidth for the client devices. So I assume it should not affect the speedtest results. We may need to investigate this further with more details.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2024-06-11 16:20:14

@Kevin_Z  hi kelvin,  please see below.

Nokia ONT --> Deco Be85 (dynamic - router mode, 192.168.1.1) --> Deco M9Plus - router mode assigned fix ip 192.168.1.10) (gateway 192.168.68.1; dhcp server is 192.168.68.10-99)

QOS is configure on the DecoBE85 to allow the DecoM9 priority.  (as you know M9 is only Gigabit, so i initially set as 1000, 2000, 5000,8000 seem to affect and limit the upload speed .. not sure why when set at 1000 it will affect the true upload bandwidth.

attached above are the speed test ran on deco be85.

Options
2024-06-13 07:40:26

@JimmyLow 

Thank you very much for sharing all the details about the network topo and QoS settings.

I have no idea why the QoS setting would affect the upload speed, but I will help escalate the case to our engineering team to further investigate this for you. They will contact you via your registered email here in the community, please check your email box later and discuss this with our engineers directly.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 209

Replies: 4

Related Articles