Issue Adding Vigi Cameras from Different Subnet to NVR1008H UN 2.0

3 weeks ago - last edited 2 weeks ago
Model: VIGI NVR1008H  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.0.7 Build 240119 Rel.51953n

I'm experiencing an issue with my TP-Link NVR1008H UN 2.0 (8 channels). My NVR is on the 10.0.0.0/24 subnet, while some Vigi cameras are on the 10.0.1.0/24 subnet.

I've been trying to add these cameras via the app, but there is no way to do this because it automatically scans in the NVR's subnet. I'm facing some difficulties when trying to add the cameras directly to the NVR.

When I attempt to add the cameras manually via the web UI, the TP-Link option for the protocol isn't available; only ONVIF is. Even when I select ONVIF and enter the port as 2020, I receive an error message: "Failed to add. Please wait." Eventually, it says, "Request failed."

If the Device is offline then I get "Note: Unable to get the information about the camera. Please make sure that the camera and NVR are on the same network segment and try again later."

I've also tried using different management ports, including 443 and 2020, but the issue persists.

Has anyone else encountered a similar problem or have any suggestions on how to resolve this?

ping works fine from NVR to the Camera.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Issue Adding Vigi Cameras from Different Subnet to NVR1008H UN 2.0-Solution
2 weeks ago - last edited 2 weeks ago

I was able to add Vigi cameras from another subnet without an issue. I just had to choose TP-Link as the protocol, and it didn't complain, though I had to deal with the NVR UI. Unfortunately, the TP-Link protocol is not available in the web interface.

Recommended Solution
Options
4 Reply
Re:Issue Adding Vigi Cameras from Different Subnet to NVR1008H UN 2.0
3 weeks ago

Hi  @aashishvanand ,

I had a very similar problem just over the weekend.

My solution was to use only the NVR Web Interface, I used the "cameras/add manually" option and specified the IP address - it also did NOT allow me to select the protocol (was set to ONVIF and greyed out.)

After I added the camera's - they worked fine.

(When I tried this using the Vigi PC Client - it did not work.)

Regards, Bill.

Options
3 weeks ago

OzzyBill wrote

Hi  @aashishvanand ,

I had a very similar problem just over the weekend.

My solution was to use only the NVR Web Interface, I used the "cameras/add manually" option and specified the IP address - it also did NOT allow me to select the protocol (was set to ONVIF and greyed out.)

After I added the camera's - they worked fine.

(When I tried this using the Vigi PC Client - it did not work.)

Regards, Bill.

@OzzyBill So, How did you manage to add it? Using ONVIF, both ports 2020 and 443 don't work.
Did you add the camera first and then move it to the other subnet? 

Options
3 weeks ago

Hi  @aashishvanand ,

The web interface just says "ONVIF" which I assume is port 2020.

The camera's had to be left on their original subnet which they had originally been installed on.

The NVR had been moved to another subnet - it was straightforward to log into it's web interface and update it's networking to use DHCP (although I notice that all my Vigi cameras and NVR appear to switch back to "Static IP".)

With the NVR on the new network I was able to use "Settings->Add manually" to specify the IP Address of each camera on the old subnet.  As I added them, the NVR then asked for the password - which I then added, clicked OK, and then I was given the opportunity to re-specify the IP Address - which I could then give as the new subnet (which the camera was actually not connected to you!)

I then physically moved the camera over onto the new subnet - and the NVR was able to connect to it still and capture the video.

I had tried multiple different methods before without success including using libonvif/onvif-gui - but the C300HP proved very stubborn (Packet traces shows it kept booting up with it's old IP and ignoring the DHCP server of the new subnet.)

Options
Re:Issue Adding Vigi Cameras from Different Subnet to NVR1008H UN 2.0-Solution
2 weeks ago - last edited 2 weeks ago

I was able to add Vigi cameras from another subnet without an issue. I just had to choose TP-Link as the protocol, and it didn't complain, though I had to deal with the NVR UI. Unfortunately, the TP-Link protocol is not available in the web interface.

Recommended Solution
Options