VPN Client support for Archer AX23

Saturday - last edited Saturday
Tags: #VPN
Model: Archer AX23  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

I wanted to buy the archer ax23 v1 router but i'm not sure if it supports the VPN Client feature. I'm asking if its possible to import a .ovpn file (Open VPN Config file) to the router and make it provide vpn connection for every device that connects to it. I found some threads about this but they were for years ago. I wanna make sure that as of 2024 if this feature has been added or not.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:VPN Client support for Archer AX23-Solution

@Tom_Smith 

Archer AX23 supports VPN server which means you can connect client devices to your home network.

It doesn't support VPN client though. Here's the AX23 specs. If you want a VPN client then Archer AX20 would do the job.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:VPN Client support for Archer AX23-Solution

@Tom_Smith 

Archer AX23 supports VPN server which means you can connect client devices to your home network.

It doesn't support VPN client though. Here's the AX23 specs. If you want a VPN client then Archer AX20 would do the job.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:VPN Client support for Archer AX23
Saturday

@terziyski thanks but what if i install openwrt on the archer ax23? will i be able to setup VPN Client on it then?

Options
Re:VPN Client support for Archer AX23
Saturday

@Tom_Smith 

I believe there's a port for AX23 of OpenWRT. You have to search the OpenWRT community to check if there's a VPN client implementation.

Keep in mind that installing OpenWRT may void your router warranty.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 92

Replies: 3

Tags

Related Articles