AC750 range extender not connecting to wifi and factory resets aren’t working

a week ago

Hi everyone,

my AC750 has stopped working out of the blue recently. The power LED will continue to flash and intermittently all the lights will show green apart from the wifi LED which will show red and will go back to just the power LED flashing. Its making a sort of wurring noise like it's trying to do something but not sure what.

I've tried to factory reset with the button underneath but that's not doing anything and I can't get go through the steps of reconnecting to the extender wifi to try and re connect it to my wifi network. 

anyone got any ideas? The extender is less than a year old and it's always stayed in the same place it's never moved or turned off (no need really!)

thanks in advance!

Options
6 Reply
Re:AC750 range extender not connecting to wifi and factory resets aren’t working
a week ago

@Peasally 

Hi

Thank you so much for taking the time to post the issue on the TP-Link community!

To better assist you, I've created a support ticket via your registered email address, and escalated it to our support engineer to look into the issue. The ticket ID is TKID240644595, please check your email box and ensure the support email is well received. Thanks!

Many thanks for your great cooperation and patience!

Options
Re:AC750 range extender not connecting to wifi and factory resets aren’t working
a week ago

@Joseph-TP 

Hello,

I have exactly the same issue since Monday. My experience of the flashing lights and trying to unsuccessfully resolve coukd not have been described better.

Can you please advise?

Many thanks

Andrew

Options
a week ago

@Joseph-TP 

I have the same issue with my 2 extenders. Please help.

Options
a week ago

@AndrewB53 

@Nav21 

Hi

I hope the following suggestions can help you:
1. It is recommended that you change the wall socket.
2.There is a small reset hole on the RE. You may use a pin to press the reset hole for 1 second to reset the extender.

If the extender does not respond to reset and was working normally before, you could contact the retailer for a replacement if the product was purchased recently.

Options
a week ago

@Joseph-TP 

Thank you for responding.

I had already:

1) tried alternative power sockets and

2) reset the unit a number of times

The original poster had described the fault and attempts to remedy it perfectly.

It seems strange that me and the other posters have experienced exactly the same issue within days of each other after the unit has run for just over a year.

Did your engineer, who assessed the original fault under the ticket number, provide any alternative method to try? 

I understand that the unit has a 3 year manufacturers warranty.

As it is now a few days over a year since I purchased on 23/06/23 from Argos do you still expect this retailer will exchange the item? And, if not, what is the process for you to replace the unit?

Andrew

Options
Yesterday

@AndrewB53 

Hi

Do not worry. If the retailer refuses to exchange the product, you could contact local support to check the warranty. Local support contact information is as follows:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/contact-technical-support/

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 198

Replies: 6

Related Articles