Address Reservation

Address Reservation
Address Reservation
2024-06-27 21:44:11
Model: Archer AX1800  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 0.18.0 2.0.0 v605f.0 Build 230906 Rel.42714n

Hello,

This router is new to me and I am not familiar with it yet. I am setting up a few cameras and other smart-home devices and need them to have static IP addresses.

I read the EX220 Manual, Chapter 6.1.3  Reserve LAN IP Addresses.  It states in Step 3, Scroll down to the Address Reservation section, and click Add to add an address reservation entry for your device.

There is no Add or Delete button on the Address Reservation section in IPv4 LAN Settings for my router settings.  See the screenshot below.

Is there something else I need to enable?

EV220 Address Reservation Menu

Jamie from Ecuador
Options
3 Reply
Re:Address Reservation
2024-06-28 03:46:18

@jamieEC 

Hi

We may determine that your product is a customized one supplied by the internet service provider based on your firmware version and model, EX220. It is advised that you get in touch with your internet service provider to find out if this feature has been blocked. Because there will usually be an add button on this page.

Options
2024-06-28 17:54:55

@Joseph-TP 

Thank you.  This is disturbing because it is neccessary that I am able to set up static IP addresses for my cameras and other IOT devices.  I have reached out to my internet service provider concerting this as I did purchase the router from them.  I am waiting to see what they tell me.  But, could I simply install the correct firmware from TP-Link?  What would the ramifications be?

Jamie from Ecuador
Options
2024-06-28 18:11:21 - last edited 2024-06-28 18:56:01

I contacted my ISP and they set me straight.  I have a Deco X50-PoE mesh network also and it seems that the Address Reservation is handled through the Deco App.  That must be why it is greyed out in the router menues.

Jamie from Ecuador
Options