Archer AX80 vs Archer BE230

Sunday - last edited Monday

Hello All

Im interested to extend my wireless network and i consider two options Archer AX80 and Archer BE230. 

But based on information from website :

Archer BE230

• 5 GHz: 2882 Mb/s (802.11be)
• 2,4 GHz: 688 Mb/s (802.11be)

support wifi7

Archer AX80

• 5 GHz: 4804Mb/s (802.11ax, HE160)
• 2,4 GHz: 1148 Mb/s (802.11ax)

Support wifi 6

Based on that information older router for wifi 6 is faster than new for wifi 7 .

could you verify this for me ? because price is almost same for both types.

https://www.tp-link.com/pl/compare/?typeId=9&productIds=81097%2C80203%2C66309

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Archer AX80 vs Archer BE230-Solution

@MariuszScreen 

Hi,

To get the whole picture you need to look at all the specs, not just one section.

For example, farther down in the comparison table it reads "4 Strumienie" for the BE230 and "8 Strumienie" for the AX80.
That is why the overall Wi-Fi speeds are higher on the AX80, despite only supporting Wi-Fi 6.

Whether your Wi-Fi client devices would be able to utilize so many streams (4 streams for each of the 2 bands in case of the AX80) is another question, though.

Recommended Solution
Options
4 Reply
Re:Archer AX80 vs Archer BE230-Solution

@MariuszScreen 

Hi,

To get the whole picture you need to look at all the specs, not just one section.

For example, farther down in the comparison table it reads "4 Strumienie" for the BE230 and "8 Strumienie" for the AX80.
That is why the overall Wi-Fi speeds are higher on the AX80, despite only supporting Wi-Fi 6.

Whether your Wi-Fi client devices would be able to utilize so many streams (4 streams for each of the 2 bands in case of the AX80) is another question, though.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Archer AX80 vs Archer BE230
Sunday
So basically at this moment if we talk about does two Routers better choice will be AX80? But according datasheet wifi7 should be faster than wifi6.
Options
Sunday

@MariuszScreen 

Yes, Wi-Fi 7 is faster than Wi-Fi 6.

But there are more factors than just the Wi-Fi standard that determine the overall speed, like number of streams and channel width (e.g. 80 MHz, 160 MHz, 320 MHz).

To find out which one of the router's fits you better you also need to look at your Wi-Fi client devices.

If you have a lot of Wi-Fi clients transferring data over the network simultaneously or if you have Wi-Fi clients that can use more than 2 streams, but don't support Wi-Fi 7, then the AX80 might be a better choice.

If you have only a few Wi-Fi clients, but they do support Wi-Fi 7, then the BE230 might be the better choice.

Options
Sunday
I want to just use my modem connected to the router as a tunel and use router from tplink to share wifi due fact i have 2 range extenders from tplink wifi6 and i want to use function mesh so then best option for me is to use tp link hw.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 83

Replies: 4

Related Articles