Deco X20 and Lenovo Lenovo Yoga 3 14 not detecting

Monday
Model: Deco X20  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.8 build 20240119 rel 37701

I own a 3pack X20 Mesh network, this version:
https://www.elgiganten.dk/product/computer-kontor/netvark/router/tp-link-deco-x20-mesh-wi-fi-6-kit-3-pak/150297#specifications

I own a Lenovo Yoga 3 14 with a Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 3160 internal wifi.

This laptop cannot detect the network.
I tried downloading the Intel fix pack from this thread. But it will not install on my Windows 10  Home version: https://www.tp-link.com/dk/support/faq/2303/

Windows version:
Microsoft Windows 10 Home (64-bit) VersionBuild    2004 (10.0.19041)

So at the moment I am about to backup the computer and install windows pro and try again.

But then I found this thread from similar issue with a Lenovo Yoga: https://community.tp-link.com/us/home/forum/topic/204312
Here they say that they fixed it with "changing the Mode from "802.11a/n/ac/ax mixed" to "802.11a/n/ac mixed"

I can find this feature on my other Archer AX50 router, but this setting is not present on the X20 router, not via website interface og via the app interface.

Is it even possible to change this the X20 router? If so I could avoid having to reinstall windows to see if a never version could install the Intel fix.

Hope someone can help :/

Options
6 Reply
Re:Deco X20 and Lenovo Lenovo Yoga 3 14 not detecting
Monday

@edaragor 

Try enabling Guest Network, configure it to run on 2.4GHz band only, see if laptop can connect to Guest Network.

Options
Monday

@Alexandre. tried this already, both guest network and normal to 2,4ghz only, no luck.

Just sounds weird if you are not able to change the ax to ac mode, you can do that on the Archer AX50 i own, and when i did that it worked, but not possible on the next X20 Deco :/

Options
Monday - last edited Monday

this is the settings available on Archer AX50

Why does the much never Deco X20 not have anything similar?

Options
Tuesday

@edaragor 

Hi

It is recommended that you disable the 802.11ax mode of the wireless adapter.
You may go to Device Manager > Double-click Network adapters to expand the selection > Right click the appropriate wireless adapter, and then click Properties > In the Properties window, click the Advanced tab > Click to select 802.11ax Mode, and in the Value section, click the down arrow and then click to select Disabled.

Good day.

Options
Tuesday

@Joseph-TP 

Hi Joseph,

Where do you see these settings on the X20? The screenshot above is from the Archer AX50' menu.
I own 3x X20 in mesh network

There are no such settings you mention on the Deco App to choose from.

This is the only options I have from the system, no right-clicking in there either possible.

Options
Tuesday

@edaragor 

Hi

These settings are on your Lenovo computer, not the Deco. I consulted our senior engineer and discovered that this issue can be resolved by altering the computer's adapter settings.

Options