connecting deco directly to ISP

2024-07-07 02:23:16
Model: Deco BE65  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

Hi,

I have a 2.5GB fiber connection, and want to use the deco instead of the ISP device. Currently the deco is connected toone if the Ethernet ports of the router supplied by the ISP. I have fiber to Ethernet converter and want to connect its output directly to the deco, and use the deco as my main router. where can I insert the ISP username, password and connection type?

Is this configuration possible?

Thanks

Options
4 Reply
Re:connecting deco directly to ISP
2024-07-08 06:23:51 - last edited 2024-07-08 08:07:05

@bitfield 

Hi

In theory you could try to use a converter to connect to the Deco, but it's best to get in touch with your internet service provider directly to find out if the converter may take the place of the modem because they might have restrictions on registered devices.
The configuration method is as follows: you could go to Deco APP > More > internet to input internet connection type, username and password.

If configuration fails, it is important to confirm the requirements with your internet service provider, as we can't guarantee compatibility or availability.

Options
2024-07-08 20:26:30 - last edited 2024-07-08 21:58:30

@Joseph-TP 

Thank you for the answer @Joseph-TP. I do have SPF +ONU. When I configured my Deco it was connected to an Ethernet port of my ISP's router. Now I want to connect the fiber to the SPF, the SPF to the ONU and with ethernet cable to connect to the Deco. You suggested to go to Deco APP > More > internet to change the setting, but, it looks like the Internet settings are read-only. I had to reset the device to default and to reconfigure in order to define another internet connection type. Am I missing something? Is there a simple way to do it?

Options
2024-07-09 04:09:13

@bitfield It's not read-only...go to Deco App> More> Internet Connection & tap on the area that says "ipv4 connection"

Just a M4 (2-pack) user who regrets buying it
Options
2024-07-09 08:32:32

@ImtiazAli 

Thanks a lot, now I see it...

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 185

Replies: 4

Related Articles