ER7212PC built-in Controller issues: Firmware upgrade of other devices
2024-07-10 23:23:58 - last edited 2024-07-10 23:53:33
Model: ER7212PC  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.0 Build 20240517 Rel.10671

Hello,

My first post here!

I just purchased 4 of the same model EAP115(EU)4.20

3 out of 4 had Firmware 5.05. One already had 5.09 (as of this writing the latest).

For two of the three with 5.05, updating the Firmware was straightforward. In the device page in the Version column a blue note appeared as usual when a firmware update is available. In these particular cases, v5.09 showed up and clicking on it did the Firmware update as expected.

However on the third, a red dot appeared instead of the blue v5.09. Hovering over the dot Shows a message "new Firmware available" with no Version number. Clicking on the red dot does Nothing.

Questions:

1. How do I proceed now to update the Firmware for that EAP115?

2. Why does the Controller behave in this inconsistent way? 

Thanks for any advice.

EDIT: I just noticed that two days ago, a new beta firmware was released for the ER7212PC. I will upgrade the firmware ASAP, retest and update this post.

Options
3 Reply
Re:ER7212PC built-in Controller issues: Firmware upgrade of other devices
2024-07-11 02:14:18

Hi @AliReza_A 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Are you sure?

Post a picture of the firmware and devices list.

HW 4.2 and 4.0 are different. HW 4.2 firmware is now up to 5.0.5, no more newer ones.

HW 4.0 is updated to 5.0.9 and it only applies to the HW 4.0.

The reason for this could be the cloud server is not synced correctly for the firmware. When you click it, it shows the new firmware but no version number or anything responses, which means that is not a valid firmware to download and upgrade.

I need to confirm this with the cloud team but first I'd like to confirm your device info.

Please mosaic your sensitive information. Here is a list of information considered sensitive:

1. Public IP address on your WAN if your WAN is.

2. Real MAC address of your device.

3. Your personal information including address, domain name, and credentials.

For troubleshooting purposes, when a WAN IP is needed, please leave some values visible for identification.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options
2024-07-11 13:58:34 - last edited 2024-07-11 14:06:16

@Clive_A 

Hi Clive_A,

Yes I am sure. The firmware issue resolved itself.

After somewhere between 30-60mins (*), the red dot disappeared and the normal blue firmware update note appeared and I was able to update the third EAP115 normally.

Perhaps your statement "the cloud server is not synced correctly for the firmware" was the issue, i.e. it was some sync glitch?

As for the EAP115 V4.20 vs V4.0 issue, good catch. As for this thread, please assume the EAPs are V4.0. The EAP115s I bought were re-badget and didn't want to overload this thread. Please see my new post about the EAP115 hardware version confusion.  

(*) I can't narow it down any more, because after the red dot was still there, I went away and did other things and when I came back later, the blue update note was there. I did not change anything inbetween. So I can't take a screenshot of the red dot anymore, but if it's important I could provide a picture I took with a camera. So let me know if you would need that as it would be a bit of an effort to transfer and edit that picture before posting.

Options
2024-07-12 01:01:00

Hi @AliReza_A 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

AliReza_A wrote

@Clive_A 

Hi Clive_A,

Yes I am sure. The firmware issue resolved itself.

After somewhere between 30-60mins (*), the red dot disappeared and the normal blue firmware update note appeared and I was able to update the third EAP115 normally.

Perhaps your statement "the cloud server is not synced correctly for the firmware" was the issue, i.e. it was some sync glitch?

As for the EAP115 V4.20 vs V4.0 issue, good catch. As for this thread, please assume the EAPs are V4.0. The EAP115s I bought were re-badget and didn't want to overload this thread. Please see my new post about the EAP115 hardware version confusion.  

(*) I can't narow it down any more, because after the red dot was still there, I went away and did other things and when I came back later, the blue update note was there. I did not change anything inbetween. So I can't take a screenshot of the red dot anymore, but if it's important I could provide a picture I took with a camera. So let me know if you would need that as it would be a bit of an effort to transfer and edit that picture before posting.

The server is divided into regions. I am not with the web/server team. That might be the issue.

When new firmware is released, usually the HQ will push notifications to the rest of the teams. Due to the time zone, they might respond to that differently.

If that does not display properly for a long time, it might be a sync issue and we need to manually review it.

I saw that the post is on the WIFI page. My colleague will help you with that.

Usually, for the wired products, they are different in 4.2 and 4.0. Technically speaking. That's also what we wrote on the firmware download page. For safety and not bricking your products, a reply from my colleague would be great.

Tip: the page sometimes ages and may not display the latest information. Clicking the tabs does not refresh it but the F5 or you refresh the whole page, that'll display the latest stats.

For the ER7212PC, might be responding a little bit slower than the regular dedicated controller as it is a 3-in-1 product. The performance may be balanced for the NAT or the switching.

The case will be closed as it is resolved now.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options