Router's login password on label is incorrect, either that or I'm looking at the wrong label

Router's login password on label is incorrect, either that or I'm looking at the wrong label

2024-07-19 14:54:18
Model: Archer C80  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 2.20

Freshly unboxed C80. I try to login to tplink.wifi.net . I make a new account and it prompts me:
"This router is not bound to the current TP-Link ID. Enter the router's login password to bind for management."
I enter the router's login password at the bottom.
It's wrong.
Am I looking at the wrong label?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Router's login password on label is incorrect, either that or I'm looking at the wrong label
2024-07-19 18:04:07

@yongster88 

Hi,

Normally the only password on the label of an Archer C80 should be the "Wireless Password/PIN" used for connecting client devices to the Wi-Fi of the router.

A brand new Archer C80 doesn't have a login password. Upon the first attempt to login the user will be asked to set a new password of his/her own choice.

If the router is asking you for an existing login password, then you either have already set a login password (perhaps without realizing it?) or the router was setup previously before you got it.

Anyway, if you can't get past this, then just reset the Archer C80 by pressing and holding the small "RESET" button for about 8 seconds. This will also reset an existing login password.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 183

Replies: 1

Related Articles