Range extender creates problem on main network when connecting laptop to main Vodaphone fibre router

Range extender creates problem on main network when connecting laptop to main Vodaphone fibre router

2024-07-20 17:57:34 - last edited 2024-07-21 11:57:54
Model: TL-WA850RE  
Hardware Version: V7
Firmware Version: unknown

Hello everyone. 

I needed to extend WiFi cover to my detached garage so that my Sunsynk solar inverter could send data to my phone for remote monitoring. The Solar engineer provided a TL-WA850RE and set it up this generated a new Wifi SSID which is the same as the router SSID with -ext added to its name.

Shortly after I found huge issues on my home network, my BLINK security cameras stopped working, and most websites became non accessible these included SKY, BBC, SYNOLOGY and several others. Oddly Amazon.co.uk continued to be available. More importantly Thunderbird reported that the IMAP servers at SKY were no longer accessible. Also my NAS devices were not available on the network.

I spent ages trying to resolve this and soon realised that the websites were available using the mobile data on my mobile phone, this proved to me that the i was wi9th the network rather than external issues.

After sleeping on this I realised the problem only happened after the EXTENDER was added, I therefore switched it off and the problem was resolved. When I switched it back on problem reappeared. It is now switched off again.

Does anyone have any ideas what is going on and how to resolve the problem please?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Range extender creates problem on main network when connecting laptop to main Vodaphone fibre router-Solution
2024-07-20 21:37:10 - last edited 2024-07-21 11:57:54

@RonJH75 

Hi,

Updating the TL-WA850RE V7 to the latest firmware version 1.0.13 should solve that problem.

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/628396

I hope the solar engineer told you what is the admin password that he set up on that TL-WA850RE.

Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:Range extender creates problem on main network when connecting laptop to main Vodaphone fibre router-Solution
2024-07-20 21:37:10 - last edited 2024-07-21 11:57:54

@RonJH75 

Hi,

Updating the TL-WA850RE V7 to the latest firmware version 1.0.13 should solve that problem.

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/628396

I hope the solar engineer told you what is the admin password that he set up on that TL-WA850RE.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Range extender creates problem on main network when connecting laptop to main Vodaphone fibre router
2024-07-21 11:57:28
Hi, Thankyou so much problem solved
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 178

Replies: 2

Related Articles