My router adapter is making a low crackling noise

2024-07-21 05:25:50 - last edited 2024-07-30 02:20:34
Tags: #router adapter
Model: Archer AX1500  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Here's the image of my router's adapter, it's making a very low crackling sound when plugged in. I observed it today morning. 

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:My router adapter is making a low crackling noise-Solution
2024-07-21 13:24:59 - last edited 2024-07-30 02:20:34

@VinaySC 

Hi,

Electrical power converters of any kind do sometimes make such noises. It's usually a matter of bad luck whenever one gets a unit that does it.

Whether it is an indication of an imminent failure is impossible to say. In my life I've owned a few appliances with noise-making power supplies that eventually still lasted for the whole lifetime of the product.

But if you feel uncomfortable about this crackling sound or if that sound is disturbing you and your router is still under warranty, then maybe just have it replaced.

Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:My router adapter is making a low crackling noise-Solution
2024-07-21 13:24:59 - last edited 2024-07-30 02:20:34

@VinaySC 

Hi,

Electrical power converters of any kind do sometimes make such noises. It's usually a matter of bad luck whenever one gets a unit that does it.

Whether it is an indication of an imminent failure is impossible to say. In my life I've owned a few appliances with noise-making power supplies that eventually still lasted for the whole lifetime of the product.

But if you feel uncomfortable about this crackling sound or if that sound is disturbing you and your router is still under warranty, then maybe just have it replaced.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 155

Replies: 1

Tags

router adapter
Related Articles