Devices Not Connecting To The Extension

2024-07-23 13:45:53 - last edited 2024-07-31 00:33:12
Tags: #Network Connectivity #Device Connection
Model: TL-WA850RE  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Hi there, I am want to ask the community here about the TL-WA850RE wifi extender I have. For some reason my phone and PC can connect to the extender but other devices can't. I have not updated the firmware on the device in years but then why would it still work for my PC and phone? I looked online on fixes but they haven't worked, any ideas on why this happened?

Any help is appreacited.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Devices Not Connecting To The Extension -Solution
2024-07-23 14:39:55 - last edited 2024-07-31 00:33:12

@IamDumb 

Update your WA850RE to the latest FW release - this would probably improve its security and performance.

If that doesn't help to connect other devices to the RE, describe the error message (if any) and your network settings in more details.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:Devices Not Connecting To The Extension -Solution
2024-07-23 14:39:55 - last edited 2024-07-31 00:33:12

@IamDumb 

Update your WA850RE to the latest FW release - this would probably improve its security and performance.

If that doesn't help to connect other devices to the RE, describe the error message (if any) and your network settings in more details.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Devices Not Connecting To The Extension
2024-07-31 00:32:57

@terziyski 

Sorry for the late reply, your advice worked. Thank you

terziyski wrote

@IamDumb 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 165

Replies: 2

Tags

Network Connectivity
Device Connection
Related Articles