Votes

Monitor mode and packet injection

2024-07-24 07:27:20
Model: TL-WN725N  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: V3.0

I have the tl-wn725n (us) hardware version v3.0 and I wanna know that does that support monitor mode and packet injection? And also how can I enable that in Kali Linux ? If I can get step by step guide cause I am beginner in this and also I don't know how to the firmware version this device it asked while creating this thread 

Options
2 Reply
Re:Monitor mode and packet injection
2024-07-25 07:31:08

@akh-1 

Hi, The support of Monitor mode and Packet injection depends on whether the device supports Linux systems, and if the device supports Linux systems, it generally does support both of these features. Please refer to https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/1076/ to view the Linux-supported adapters and their compatible Linux kernel versions.

So TL-WN725n_V3 does support Monitor mode and packet injection.

However, If your current kernel is more updated than the supported versions, since Linux is developed at an open system with various branches, we are no longer able to provide the corresponding official drivers. In this way, you may search for third-party websites like GitHub.com for compatible drivers based on the chipsets used by the wireless adapter.

(For TL-WN725N_V3, it is RTL8188EUS)

Thank you very much and best regards.

Options
Re:Monitor mode and packet injection
2024-07-25 12:41:29

@David-TP error

yeah i am getting this error when i do "make && sudo make install" and i am using kali linux on vmware virtual machine and as i am beginner to kali linux i don't know my current kali linux kernel verion and how do i install supported kernel verion and proceed futher how can i get whole command list

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 228

Replies: 2

Voters 1