5GHz connection drops a few times a day

2024-07-26 05:52:55
Model: Archer AX50  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.13 Build 20230906 rel.40682(4341)

Happens consistently every day but throughout the day. Turning the AX50 off and on resolves the issue. Otherwise it just hangs for awhile before eventually resolving. I think it's the 5GHz LED that goes orange when this happens. 

I have another access point connected to the modem and the connection is steady with that one so I don't think it's an ISP issue?

Using Dynamic IP

Options
1 Reply
Re:5GHz connection drops a few times a day
2024-07-29 07:10:09

@homeusername 

Hi,

Will the unstable issue only happen with 5G WIFI? Will it lose internet connection or lose WIFI connection?

The 5G light will only be on or off, and will not show a red light.

Do you mean the internet light will turn red when the internet drops? Will 2.4G and wired connection be stable?

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options