Deco M4 - Lag and Ping spikes every 10s

2024-07-26 18:06:20 - last edited 2024-07-26 18:15:31
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.6.1

Hi,

I bought 2 Deco M4 last week, and it's been working fine until yesterday.

My set up is the Main Deco being connected to my router through ethernet, and my 2nd Deco being in my office (which is roughly 6 meters and a thin open door away). I connect to the 2nd Deco both with wifi through a macbook, and with ethernet through a PC (that does not have a wifi card anyway)

Am experiencing lag pikes where every 5 to 20s, my ping to the server spikes to x5/x10 of the "baseline"

This makes experience like gaming unplayable, but even affect basic uses like streaming videos or online meetings.

I tested with both the macbook with WiFi, and the PC with ethernet, and the results are the same.
Weirdly enough, it seems to happens kind of randomly, but last for several hours. It happened yesterday afternoon, solved itself during the evening, and re appeared today.

I found other threads mentionning this exact issue, but none of the proposed solution worked for me. I tried enabling/disbaling dual band, mesh technology (which I assume doesnt exist if you dont have a wifi card anyway?), fast roaming, beamforming etc etc.

I also tried the same packet test on my router and the connection is stable, so it's definitely coming from the Deco.

The decos are up to date, per the app. The signal is Strong per the app too, and no alerts/warning either

Model is deco M4 (BR), Ver: 2.8
Firmware is 1.6.1 Build 20231227 Rel. 80438

Options
2 Reply
Re:Deco M4 - Lag and Ping spikes every 10s
2024-07-26 18:14:40

Pinging to another continent so the focus here is not the ping itself but rather the spikes

Options
Re:Deco M4 - Lag and Ping spikes every 10s
2024-07-27 08:34:58

@CSI13 Disable Wi-Fi on your router or run the Decos in access point mode

Just a M4 (2-pack) user who regrets buying it
Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 125

Replies: 2

Related Articles