Archer T3U Plus Cant find my mobile phone 5Ghz network?

2024-08-02 23:55:00 - last edited 2 weeks ago
Model: Archer T3U  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

I bought Archer T3U Plus adapter so I can connect to 5Ghz internet from my mobile phone, since the last adapter that I had (TL - WN722N) doesn't support 5Ghz networks. However, current adapter "archer t3u plus" also recognizes my phone hotspot only if i set it to be 2.4Ghz. When i changed wireless mode to IEEE 802.11ac in adapter properties it never showed my phone hotspot even tho i changed hot spot settings on phone to provide 5Ghz hotspot. Tried changing prefered band option in adpter properties too, but i have no such option. Other devices can see my phones hot spot, and I can use only 2.4Ghz networks and connect to my phone hot spot only if it is limited to 2.4Ghz, otherwise it wont even show in avalieable WiFi networks. Please help!

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Archer T3U Plus Cant find my mobile phone 5Ghz network?-Solution
2024-08-03 13:07:39 - last edited 2 weeks ago

@Patrick031 

Hi,

Note that if your Archer T3U Plus is the variant made for the European market, then it will not be able to see 5 GHz wireless networks that are broadcasting on channels 149 and above, which unfortunately is where most smartphones broadcast their wireless hotspot.

Please check whether the barcode label on the box in which the Archer T3U Plus came has the letters "EU" printed on it.

Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:Archer T3U Plus Cant find my mobile phone 5Ghz network?-Solution
2024-08-03 13:07:39 - last edited 2 weeks ago

@Patrick031 

Hi,

Note that if your Archer T3U Plus is the variant made for the European market, then it will not be able to see 5 GHz wireless networks that are broadcasting on channels 149 and above, which unfortunately is where most smartphones broadcast their wireless hotspot.

Please check whether the barcode label on the box in which the Archer T3U Plus came has the letters "EU" printed on it.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Archer T3U Plus Cant find my mobile phone 5Ghz network?
2024-08-03 13:14:30

@woozle It is EU... but how can i help that? Is there nothing I can do to connect to 5G?

Options
Re:Archer T3U Plus Cant find my mobile phone 5Ghz network?
2024-08-03 13:25:01

@Patrick031 

You could check whether your smartphone allows manual selection of channels, but there are actually not many phones out there that do.

Any channel number from 36 to 140 would be fine.

By the way, does the Archer T3U Plus show any wireless networks in the 5 GHz band at all? I mean, like Wi-Fi routers that are located nearby?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 208

Replies: 3

Related Articles