Votes

Custom light mode for the BE550?

Votes

2024-08-04 15:25:29 - last edited 2024-08-05 07:33:06

Not a problem here but more of a request. I can't help but feel those 36 LED vertical lights on the front of the BE550 are going to waste. Is there any chance an option could be put in the routers menu or Tether app for some sort of custom mode? options could be, Default (for testing), All ON/OFF, Stacking (speed to real time usage), Pong, Vertical Night Rider or even a Christmas effect for December. I know it may sound unimportant and laughable but this is the sort of thing that gets mentioned in reviews as a plus and if something looks good on the outside then it stands out and helps sales. 

I'm sure it can be done because when firmware is installing the lights start a flow motion which also looks good. All ON/OFF is boring these days as the router itself does look nice.

Just a thought from someone who's custom built PC's as a hobby for 20+ years.

Thanks

Options
2 Reply
Re:Custom light mode for the BE550?
2024-08-05 07:32:47 - last edited 2024-08-05 07:33:06

@David6479 

Hello, thank you for posting on the TP-Link community, and we certainly appreciate all your feedback and feature requests here.

While we don't have any specific details that I can share around if this feature can come to this router model, or when it might, I'll make sure to log this feature request and pass it along to the team.

I'm moving this conversation into the ‘Feature Request (Routers)' area and for better visibility.

Feel free to let us know of any other feature requests you may have, we’d be happy to send them up for you.

Options
Re:Custom light mode for the BE550?
2024-08-08 16:18:01

@David6479 Its a good idea a nice little touch 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 147

Replies: 2

Voters 0

No one has voted for it yet.