Any compatibility problems with Eufy Floodlight Cam S330 and Deco ?

2024-08-07 04:16:24
Model: Deco X55  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.5.5

Hi,

I am desperate, really hope someone could help me with this... I have an Eufy Floodlight Cam S330 camera and when is connected to my Deco X55 (Main principal Deco) by Wifi (only way to connect it) is a pain to have image/video of the camera in the App, can´t control/move it, when gives me image only is for very little time, so really I can´t use and see this camera when is connected to my Deco, but when I connect the camera to the router of the internet service works fine, so I don´t know why.  =(

Only I see the signal in the camera is very poor, but I do speed test with my phone and the signal is pretty good and when the camera is connected to the router of the internet  service the signal of the Wifi in the camera is better and works fine.

Also I already switched my Decos from Router Wifi mode to AP mode and I noticed better wifi signal in the house and more stability, but this didn´t solve this problem with this camera.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Any compatibility problems with Eufy Floodlight Cam S330 and Deco ?
2024-08-07 09:55:28

@mariocaz 

Hi

It is recommended that you refer to Part 2 of the following link and try to set the connection preference for the camera to give priority to the Deco with a closer connection distance:
https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/3480/
Or it is recommended that you go to Deco APP > More > IoT network to create an Iot network to connect the camera.

Options
2024-08-07 19:39:36 - last edited 2024-08-08 05:06:39

@Joseph-TP 

Hi Joseph

The first solution is not possible because the nearest Deco and really is very near the camera (like 5-6 meters and only one wall and both in the same floor) that Deco is the main principl of my Wifi Mesh, the internet company router is exactly in the same site of this Deco and is inside a gabinet, so the signal is a lot better with the Deco and the site where the outdoor camera is installed have a good Deco wifi signal like 250MB and yes I can connect it to the Wifi of the Deco but the camera doesnt works well, I can´t have image, move the camera, etc.

I did the IoT wifi but the same problem, the camera is not working fine when is connected here.

I found this in the Eufy site but I don´t know how to do it......

• Confirm if your WiFi is encrypted by WPA-PSK or WPA2-PSK.
  • Try to temporarily disable the firewall setting on your router to check whether the camera can connect to WiFi. Make sure these ports are allowed: TCP:80, 443, UDP:0-65535.

And is there a way to do this in my Decos ? (this told me at Eufy)
Verify if any firewall or blacklisting settings are enabled on the Deco's Mesh WiFi. If so, try removing the firewall/blacklist or adding the camera to the whitelist to ensure unrestricted communication.

Options
2024-08-10 08:24:26

@mariocaz 

Hi

Thank you so much for taking the time to post the issue on the TP-Link community!

To better assist you, I've created a support ticket via your registered email address, and escalated it to our support engineer to look into the issue. The ticket ID is TKID240821526, please check your email box and ensure the support email is well received. Thanks!

Once the issue is addressed or resolved, welcome to update this topic thread with your solution to help others who may encounter the same issue as you did.

Many thanks for your great cooperation and patience!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 177

Replies: 3

Related Articles