Nx510v Disable 5g SA mode

2024-08-07 17:38:28 - last edited 2024-08-10 09:02:41
Tags: #Telephony Router
Model: Archer NX200  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.0 3.0.0 v6060.0 Build 230728 Rel.72002n

My router model is NX510v, and if you're wondering? Did I buy it? Yes, from an online store. Not from ISP.

I can disable CWMP, and I can do anything. This is bought directly from me, myself when it's available to consumers.

Now, I need a way to disable 5g SA which has been activated when they installed a new tower that made the router thinks it's better meanwhile throttling my speed to a halt from 200mbps to 20mbps. Which is not the ISP's fault reported by them and they sell ZTE's routers which is AIS (Advance info service ISP) Usually I'd see N41, B3. Now it's only N41. Frustrating as my speeds handled by the ISP's poor decisions to use terrible equipments currently. 

If you blame on the ISP, it's not their fault. It's the fault that there's no option to KILL off the 5g SA as I've been using my mobile hotspot more than usual to get the speeds I needed however, the phone must be outside the balcony.

There is a small customer base in need of multiple features lacking on 5g options! Especially ones with Nx510v, and Nx200v which I will address as an extra features needed to fine tune network. (Why not give us all control including the telephony options to disable fallback or enable VoLTE too) 

If the product category changes to Service Provider I will attempt to request a refund. Sorry for the salty feedback, but this product must be re-instated back to the consumers due to units being sold to consumers directly being available in specific countries like Thailand. Clarifying that it hurts consumers who uses the product and bought it with 1/3 of their monthly salary. 

Note: I can run internet without CWMP, it's that I OWN the router within my own property of ownership!

Right now my ISP version or whatever it is it's: 23070301

Maybe I shouldn't update the router.

List of features needed:

-Disable 5g SA switch, and more 5g options to control with. 

-Manual Telephony settings (Disable Fallback, and Enabling/Disabling VoLTE)

[Useful for users who uses Fax over GSM which is still possible, and maintaining call quality if the VoLTE service is having problems with poor equipments]

Options
5 Reply
Re:Nx510v Disable 5g SA mode
2024-08-08 10:17:50

@mlg50man 

Hi, thanks for posting question here.

When we searched on the official website, NX510v is indeed a customized model for some ISPs. Thanks for your feedback here, but I am afraid we can not promise much.

If the feature you mentioned greatly influences your using experience, you may consider to return it asap.

Thanks for your understanding~

Options
2024-08-10 09:02:06 - last edited 2024-08-10 09:08:03

@Marvin_S If I look in the web archive THIS MODEL WAS for consumers! Before moving it into the "SErvice Providers." I got this unlocked supports all ISP which all of them doesn't even sell Tplink routers in the first place. They all sell ZTE routers, so this is unlocked.

apparently I cannot return as of now. If you're gonna keep on selling Nx510v's here in Thailand. Tell all the shops with overstocks to stop selling those unlocked routers. Or give us another firmware to differentiate. JIB is literally one of the biggest store that sells computer routers. They still sell Nx510v without the locked ISP nor even controlled by them. Sorry, but this ain't ISP related.

Then explain how I am able to access this post with a ISP that sells ZTE routers and not Tplink? What? It's unlocked! Sorry this router tried selling for consumers but ended up not selling well thanks to expensive price. Andddd I need it for fax and telephone so it's only this choice.

P.S. JIB and the online group sells Nx510v routers to this day. All of them are unlocked. Even in physical stores, yeah. The router works with all carriers as I have many sims. NT, True, TOT, AIS you name it in Thailand.

Options
2024-08-13 14:01:54

It is frustrating dealing with the unexpected 5G SA issues and throttling. If the router’s settings don’t allow for disabling 5G SA, contacting the manufacturer for firmware updates or Honista Apk additional support might help. Also, it’s worth exploring third-party firmware options if they are compatible with your model.

Options
2024-08-14 14:43:37
The Honista APK is nothing but a spyware, instagram? Seriously, I don't use that platform. Sorry... No.
Options
2024-08-14 14:46:13
For Third Party firmware options, there's no options currently. Unfortunately, the only options I found is... Nothing. As TP-Link removed firmware download or downgrading to protect the "ISPs" meanwhile selling it under consumers before realizing the sales were disappointing. So, I tried doing web archive and all sorts of stuff ending up with no results. So, no help. Nx510v is a router that's already restricting enough. Such common features that are literally found on cellphones are missing and since this is a telephony router which I NEEDED, the only models in Thailand selling right now with those features are TP-Link only.
Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 336

Replies: 5

Voters 1

Tags

Telephony Router