WAN drops every night at 2:00

2024-08-08 14:56:52 - last edited 2024-08-09 02:19:03
Model: ER706W  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.4 Build 20240319 Rel.02617(4555)

Since a month or so I've been running an Omada network which has been fine. Had some problems with the adoption of my router ER706w in the controller OC200, but after a factory reset of the router, I was able to adopt it.

Now everything seemed to work fine, except I have a really strange connection loss every night just before 2:00 where my router loses the WAN IP. This IP is delivered through a Sagencom modem in bridge mode from my ISP. Rebooting of the router immediately solves the problem.

This problem hasn't occured before the factory reset, and since it happens inside of the router, I tend to believe that's where I need to look.

Can anybody help me in the right direction with this issue?

Options
2 Accepted Solutions
Re:WAN drops every night at 2:00-Solution
2024-08-09 02:18:47 - last edited 2024-08-09 02:19:03

Hi @Dacruzzz 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

If it happens every day at 2:00, contact your ISP.

Simple as that. Some ISPs require fresh connections every day. Especially when you are using a dynamic IP.

Some of them use a 24-hour lease time. That's why it disconnects every day at the same time.

Reboot the modem seems to be a way to refresh it but it is still up to your ISP. Not the router. Router just resyncs to the modem and modem to the ISP server.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Recommended Solution
Options
2024-08-10 14:05:32 - last edited 2024-08-10 14:06:10

@Clive_A 

Thank you for your reply, but I found out what the problem was! Beside the fact that I adopted the router to the OC200 by resetting it to factory settings, I also added it to Home Assistant at the same day. By doing so, it became part of a group of entities which were part of an automation that ran at night. This automation turns off the lights at night and the router got automatically added to this automation, and also got turned off at night. I reconfigured the automation and now the problem is gone.

Recommended Solution
Options
8 Reply
Re:WAN drops every night at 2:00
2024-08-08 15:07:58

@Dacruzzz 

During this outage... have you tried to plug in your laptop to the WAN2 modem?  To see if it grabs any IP?

I can not teach anyone anything - I can only make them think - Socrates
Options
2024-08-08 15:28:58

@KimcheeGUN 

No I have not, since this happens at 02:00 in the night.

Options
2024-08-08 15:46:13

@Dacruzzz 

There isn't much in the release note, but it might be worth a try. I have used this for a while in a lab I have and have not noticed any problems. it might not solve the problem but you never know until you've tried.. :-)

https://community.tp-link.com/en/business/forum/topic/676186

Options
2024-08-09 02:18:47 - last edited 2024-08-09 02:19:03

Hi @Dacruzzz 

If it happens every day at 2:00, contact your ISP.

Simple as that. Some ISPs require fresh connections every day. Especially when you are using a dynamic IP.

Some of them use a 24-hour lease time. That's why it disconnects every day at the same time.

Reboot the modem seems to be a way to refresh it but it is still up to your ISP. Not the router. Router just resyncs to the modem and modem to the ISP server.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Recommended Solution
Options
2024-08-09 06:44:43

@Clive_A 

Thank you for your reply.

I was wondering why this has only happened after the adoption of the router? It started on the exact same day when I factory reset my router. Before that day, I had zero problems. Which makes it hard for me to believe that it has something to do with my ISP.

Options
2024-08-09 07:14:47

Hi @Dacruzzz 

Dacruzzz wrote

@Clive_A 

Thank you for your reply.

I was wondering why this has only happened after the adoption of the router? It started on the exact same day when I factory reset my router. Before that day, I had zero problems. Which makes it hard for me to believe that it has something to do with my ISP.

I recall the log system in standalone would also record the WAN disconnection.

Did you read through the log in standalone and find anything like this?

Options
2024-08-10 14:05:32 - last edited 2024-08-10 14:06:10

@Clive_A 

Thank you for your reply, but I found out what the problem was! Beside the fact that I adopted the router to the OC200 by resetting it to factory settings, I also added it to Home Assistant at the same day. By doing so, it became part of a group of entities which were part of an automation that ran at night. This automation turns off the lights at night and the router got automatically added to this automation, and also got turned off at night. I reconfigured the automation and now the problem is gone.

Recommended Solution
Options
2024-08-11 03:02:18

Hi  @Dacruzzz 

Dacruzzz wrote

@Clive_A 

That's very good to learn. Glad it's resolved.

Enjoy it. :)
Peace.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 286

Replies: 8

Related Articles