Help required with DOH

Help required with DOH

Help required with DOH
Help required with DOH
2024-08-11 03:41:24 - last edited 2024-08-11 03:42:45
Tags: #DoH
Model: Archer C6  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: 1.13.6 Build 240430 Rel.54880n(5553)

Hi i am using free Cloudflare families dns to block adult content for kids, however when i enable doh and connect to cloudflare server in my router settings,the adult contents are Bypassed,To block adult sites i have to disable doh

Cloudflare families supports doh connection but the domain is https://family.cloudflare-dns.com/dns-query  i cannot input this anywhere as the doh client option in the router settings has 3 options which cannot be edited,as per cloudflare support it is my router software limitation,can anyone suggest on how can i implement family dns along with doh enabled? Any suggestions would be great,I am using archer c6

@Kevinz is there any plans from tp link to make it available? Or i am doing something wrong from my side? Appreciate your help 

Options
5 Reply
Re:Help required with DOH
2024-08-16 10:10:57

@MysticMac 

Hi, thanks for posting question here.

As this guide says: You can detect the whether the selected DNS servers are available or not. When you save the settings, DoH/DoT will be applied to these DNS servers, and the Primary &Secondary DNS servers you've set won't take effect.

You may share the screenshots of your settings if convenient.

Options
2024-08-16 12:22:21

@Marvin_S sorry my bad i couldn't properly understand what you said, however for your reference I have attached the screenshot below,i need a way pleas

Options
3 weeks ago

@MysticMac 

Hi, thanks for further sharing~

After confirmation, I am afraid that is normal. Archer C6 V4 does not support to custom DNS.

Options
3 weeks ago

@Marvin_S can this option not be included with firmware update? I mean while the current beta testing is going on can you not ask your team to add this feature?

Options
2 weeks ago

@MysticMac 

Hi, sorry, while we don't have any specific details that I can share around if this feature can come to this model, or when it might, I'll make sure to log this feature request and pass it along to the team.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 166

Replies: 5

Tags

Related Articles